Definitely sounds like Maiden; however, it seems to lack a catchy beat/bass line. Kinda sounds like a stripped-down generic Maiden riff, but it's still a Maiden riff.
Quote by sombrero_mop
Definitely sounds like Maiden; however, it seems to lack a catchy beat/bass line. Kinda sounds like a stripped-down generic Maiden riff, but it's still a Maiden riff.

Ok
Yeah definitely a good Maiden style riff, good use of thirds.

Agree with Sombrero_mop on the bass and drums. A good riff is a good riff but it's what goes with it that makes it turn into an insane riff. Often the bass and drums are what shapes a track and gives it that much of a better direction, it's a shame they are so under-appreciated!

Good luck finding a Bruce Dickinson for it though haha!
Quote by karstaag666
Yeah definitely a good Maiden style riff, good use of thirds.

Agree with Sombrero_mop on the bass and drums. A good riff is a good riff but it's what goes with it that makes it turn into an insane riff. Often the bass and drums are what shapes a track and gives it that much of a better direction, it's a shame they are so under-appreciated!

Good luck finding a Bruce Dickinson for it though haha!

The funny part is that the bass guitar line playing the harmony is exactly what shapes this riff and gives it that much of a better direction.
Quote by thrasher726
The funny part is that the bass guitar line playing the harmony is exactly what shapes this riff and gives it that much of a better direction.

Yeahhh no, not really. And all the people above me seem to agree with me.
But that doesn't really matter does it? You came here for praise, not criticism. You already made up your mind on it and now you're making excuses to not improve it. Why make a thread then?
In the future please remove your head from your ass before making a thread.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Ometh
Yeahhh no, not really. And all the people above me seem to agree with me.
But that doesn't really matter does it? You came here for praise, not criticism. You already made up your mind on it and now you're making excuses to not improve it. Why make a thread then?
In the future please remove your head from your ass before making a thread.

Just because I don't agree with your criticisms doesn't mean they aren't appreciated and just because I made up my mind doesn't mean I'm not open to them. Please remove your head from your ass before replying with another angry butthurt response.
I think he is just trying to say " why ask for criticisms if you're not going to put them to use?"

I thought the tone and feel of the guitars were bang on.

You really need to learn how to take opinions though man. Otherwise, what's the point?
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Quote by kornflipsk8er
I think he is just trying to say " why ask for criticisms if you're not going to put them to use?"

I thought the tone and feel of the guitars were bang on.

You really need to learn how to take opinions though man. Otherwise, what's the point?

Thanks dude! Yeah, I mean you don't have to agree with everyones opinion though. You can not agree with someones opinion and still be open to taking opinions,

I don't agree with their opinion and I just happened to voice it.

If they had given me actual constructive criticism that made sense then maybe I would've agreed with it.

Just because they said that something goes a certain way (like the bass not being essential to that riff) doesn't mean that they were right and that I can't take criticism if I don't agree with it. They were wrong (although it's subjective) and it does actually make the riff sound maiden-esque.

It's okay though, I don't really care. This is old as fuck.
I suppose that is a fair enough point.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!