Page 1 of 2
A week, a month, 6 months, a year? Do you have to see said band live, buy their merch or records? Where do you draw the line?
Doesn't depend on time for me. Just depends on how many songs I like and if that sound I like carries through a little throughout the album or albums.

Sometimes I'll just become a fan overnight. Like when I discovered Squid The Whale.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I'd really appreciate it if you guys stopped appropriating my culture
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
you actively enjoy a bands music, you are a fan of that band
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by sam b
10 seconds into the first song you hear

what if the song is poor by the end of the first 30 seconds
Quote by EndTheRapture51
what if the song is poor by the end of the first 30 seconds

Tough, you're committed into a life-long relationship now
I started fangirling over pvris after one song
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Two months and 3 days
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
You're a fan if you've listened to a bunch of songs and decide that you like them

Of course, you're only a true fan if you've been supporting them since the day they formed and buy all their merch and albums and go to every single gig
I have nothing important to say
You're not a trve fan until you've sucked someone's dick to get backstage to meet them.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Doesn't depend on time for me. Just depends on how many songs I like and if that sound I like carries through a little throughout the album or albums.

Sometimes I'll just become a fan overnight. Like when I discovered Squid The Whale.

This
Quote by cha33 armstrong
I started fangirling over pvris after one song

I listened to My House and really liked it but every other song I've heard has been meh. Any recommendations?
Why do you have to think about when you can put a label on yourself about something? I don't get it.
Quote by DardySon
This

I listened to My House and really liked it but every other song I've heard has been meh. Any recommendations?

If you prefer their heavy stuff like My House then you'd like St Patrick and Fire
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Smoke is really good too and Let Them In.

Fall in love with the "heavy" stuff of Pvris then you start to appreciate the lighter stuff.
Quote by cha33 armstrong
you'd like St Patrick
Oh yeah, almost forgot you made me tab that dorky song.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Rebel Scum
Why do you have to think about when you can put a label on yourself about something? I don't get it.

+1
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
just don't use the word 'fan' i just say which bands i like

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by adambauman31
it's just a label. you're putting too much thought into this. labels are lame

without labels how would bands release their CDs
Quote by EndTheRapture51
without labels how would bands release their CDs

*major fcking eye-roll*
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You're not a trve fan until you've sucked someone's dick to get backstage to meet them.

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by JamSessionFreak
just don't use the word 'fan' i just say which bands i like

If you like it you like it, you don't you don't. Pretty dumb question.
Don't really say "fan" bc to me that word implies a group or culture surrounding the band i.e. Primus fans get all over that "Primus sucks" thing, or Slipknot fans call themselves "maggots" and I'm sitting here thinking

yeah
Quote by Banjocal
Don't really say "fan" bc to me that word implies a group or culture surrounding the band i.e. Primus fans get all over that "Primus sucks" thing, or Slipknot fans call themselves "maggots" and I'm sitting here thinking

yeah

i wouldn't call them fans, i'd call them weirdos
Quote by cha33 armstrong
If you prefer their heavy stuff like My House then you'd like St Patrick and Fire

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Smoke is really good too and Let Them In.

Fall in love with the "heavy" stuff of Pvris then you start to appreciate the lighter stuff.

Sweet I'll give them a listen.
Funnily enough I "discovered" Wishbone Ash today. I don't think I dislike a single song I've heard from them so far.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Being that "fan" is short for "fanatic" lets us examine the the definition

Fanatic: marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion

SOOO if you feel that way then yeah

My vote is for the trem being abused most of the time.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

dude...who gives a shit? wow

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
after listening to their entire discography AT LEAST

i'd even throw in seeing the band play live at least once, but not everyone lives in a country where that's available.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

There isn't really a set time period for me or anything like "Oh well you have to go to all of their shows within a 100km radius from you and you also have to suck their dicks raw if you ever meet them and drop 4k on merch in 2 months" for me.

It's more about if I actually enjoy the band or just a few songs. If I just like a song, I usually go with "Yeah I like that song" or "I like a few of their songs" etc... Once I start listening to the rest of their stuff, if I dig it, then I say "I'm a fan".
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Page 1 of 2