I just saw an advert for Graze Boxes and remembered about these things. Graze Boxes are a subscription service you sign up to and they send you a box of "healthy" snacks once a month like granola bars and dried fruits and stuff like that. Seems pretty pointless and overpriced to me but whatever.

There seem to be quite a number of subscription boxes and stuff for different things. My housemate has a box which comes once a month full of clothes selected and he sends stuff back he doesn't like and they make a note of what he likes and doesn't like and changes it each month. There's obviously also the eponymous "Loot Crate" full of tat and its various spin off and copies which do variations of that.

What do you think of these mail order products? Are they something that appeals do you and lets you get some cool stuff with a surprise factor? Do you not have the time to shop for stuff so you'd prefer someone else did it for you? Do you think they are a waste of money or can you see their appeal?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Anyone that is "too busy" to do their own shopping probably needs better time management skills or to re-evaluate their life choices.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
We all thought brides at the title

I wouldn't bother with any of that personally, I know what I like and if I want to try something out of the ordinary I'll ask someone what it's like
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by K'Nuckles
Real talk if I'm like, forty or something and it looks like I have no romance prospects going, I prob would buy a wife from Russia.

Over here, old fat, balding disgusting men buy wives from the Phillipines

I've performed a few marriage ceremonies for them, and it never ceases to be weird.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
It's just another disgusting facet of consumerism. Or something.

Like just keep sending shit i don't need to my house until i fucking die hooray. Some people have nothing and you're having boxes of dick-knows-what sent to you cos you're bored smdh
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Over here, old fat, balding disgusting men buy wives from the Phillipines

I've performed a few marriage ceremonies for them, and it never ceases to be weird.

I won't lie every time I see an old bloke walking around with an Asian chick I automatically think that he bought her online.
I remember showing up for a replacement piano lesson when I couldn't make it for my normal time and my teacher had a friend unexpectadly come around before me with his new Chechnyan mail order bride.
I honestly felt sorry for the poor girl, she hardly spoke English and she'd been married off to some old guy in Australia, if my Slovenian was actually any good I probably could've scrambled a pathetic attempt at a conversation with her to try to cheer her up, hearing something even remotely close to Chechnyan or Russian probably would've felt a bit homely.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by The_Blode
^ thank God for mail order services. . .

Yeah....nope.

It's like that one song by some random composer "Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white cat"

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Yeah....nope.

It's like that one song by some random composer "Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white cat"

Pieter Post, Pieter Post
heeft een lul van leverworst
Quote by ultimate-slash
Pieter Post, Pieter Post
heeft een lul van leverworst

A poem.
Quote by yoman297

I've thought about buying a sub to Nature Box or one of the similar products.
Not bc I can't get what I want at the store, but bc it sounds pretty fun. It's a neat idea.
it can be useful if you want to try a new thing but don't know where to start. my sister got me a few months' service on something called bark box which is basically this for dogs, and it came with toys and treats. was really nice to see what types of toys my dog likes, and there's a basically limitless option of toys and treats out there so it was nice not being overwhelmed by the choices
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
it can be useful if you want to try a new thing but don't know where to start. my sister got me a few months' service on something called bark box which is basically this for dogs, and it came with toys and treats. was really nice to see what types of toys my dog likes, and there's a basically limitless option of toys and treats out there so it was nice not being overwhelmed by the choices

that is a good point

with the fashion box i think it's a good idea if you don't know what clothes you want or dont know how to dress yourself fashionably

but it's a bit lazy and kinda removes the experience of going out and just browsin for clothes that might catch your interest which is fun

plus it was a box of very middle of the road boring clothes

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
There's no way in hell i would pay someone to send me a box of useless tat, it obviously appeals to some people though, which is fair enough, they are free to spend their money however they wish. But it just seems like a complete waste of money to me. The only redeeming feature i can see with this type of subscription service thing, and perhaps this is the whole point, but it forces you to try new things and maybe exposes you to a much wider array of products you wouldn't normally have access to. With clothes i'd much rather pick and choose for myself though.
one time i told a forum i needed clothes and some dude sent me like a thousand dollars worth of designer clothes. other n that i don't order things. not even brides.
I would use Nature Box or something if I could be bothered. I'm always taking snacks to school, and it'd be nice to have some variety, and they're healthy.

Idk, I don't really give a fuck what other people spend their money on and I don't get why others get so upset about it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I used to subscribe to a beauty box, it basically had a bunch of samples of makeup/fragrances. It was nice getting a surprise in the mail every month and I didn't have to buy an entire product to see if I would like it because that would have been more wasteful.
cat
Thinking on this -

It might not be a bad idea for aspiring guitarists. $30/mo gets you 4 sets of strings (2 diff mfg w/ user specified gauge), some low-cost item (string winder/cutter, pick holder, etc), and a dozen picks from one manufacturer in one gauge.

It'd help expose new players to the different string manufacturers, pick styles and thickness, and fill the crappy accessory void that most players fall into trying new things.
I doubt there are any mail order services out there that would interest me apart from the Russian bride ones

I feel like I'd wind up with too much junk I didn't need e.g. a bunch of Russian women wandering around who can't speak english

Amazon once gave me a free Graze box trial card thing and I could have got a free chocolate box but I never got round to using it
I have nothing important to say
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Anyone that is "too busy" to do their own shopping probably needs better time management skills or to re-evaluate their life choices.

It's not about that, it's about getting stuff that you wouldn't have normally got for yourself. My wife has one for different spices and cooking ingredients. They're great gifts to get someone.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by sixgunsound
one time i told a forum i needed clothes and some dude sent me like a thousand dollars worth of designer clothes. other n that i don't order things. not even brides.

You're now an accessory to a crime, albeit a fashionable one.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
It seems like it's only worth it if the box is cheaper than the sum of its individual contents. Otherwise, you might as well just buy the exact thing you want.

On a related note, my dad's favourite hobby is ordering stuff from China. It takes two months to arrive, and when it does it's always broken, not as described, or not something he needed in the first place. It serves no practical purpose but it gives him something to look forward to. Basically the same as Loot Crate.