I bought a 2013 lefty American standard strat new when it came out. I've had a host of problems with it ever since. I could never quite get the action where I liked it and resigned myself to thinking it was just me. I brought it to a fender listened tech who told me the neck joint was somehow broken beyond repair and fender would replace the neck on warranty.

That was 3 months ago. I haven't seen my guitar since. I called the tech at Sam ash who put the blame on fender. I called fenders customer service who told me that was basically just the way it is because they don't have lots of American standard lefty necks lying me around.

I asked for a new guitar then. They said no. I asked if I could purchase a better custom shop neck. Willing to take a bit of a loss just to have a good,high quality, working guitar again. I paid $1100 for it. Not cheap. They told me they don't offer replacement necks.

Anything I can do but wait? Am I just kinda screwed here? Honesty at this point I would rally just like a new guitar but that seems unlikely under warranty because the issue is wth the neck only.
I doubt that you will get a new guitar out of it to be honest.
Where is the guitar now?
Did Fender say that it was covered under warranty? What is/isnt covered under there warranty?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Fender warranty sucks ... that's another reason I buy G&L , they have 10 year warranty on the whole guitar and easy to deal with .....

take it too another tech if your stuck with it .... on bolt on necks changing action is as easy as installing a neck shim if you need lower action than whats available on the bridge or saddle adjustment
Quote by bobafettacheese
I doubt that you will get a new guitar out of it to be honest.
Where is the guitar now?
Did Fender say that it was covered under warranty? What is/isnt covered under there warranty?

The guitar is at Sam ash with their tech. He's fender licensed. Apparently the neck needs to be replaced, which is covered under warranty.

I just want my guitar back. It's been 3 months. I would have bought a custom shop neck if they could cut me some kind of deal, but hey don't even offer that.

When I called them they acted like neck replacements are super uncommon and that's why it's taken so long. Granted I'm left handed but come on. It takes 3+ months to send a replacement left handed American standard neck?
Quote by RyanMW2010
I bought a 2013 lefty American standard strat new when it came out. I've had a host of problems with it ever since. I could never quite get the action where I liked it and resigned myself to thinking it was just me. I brought it to a fender listened tech who told me the neck joint was somehow broken beyond repair and fender would replace the neck on warranty.

That was 3 months ago. I haven't seen my guitar since. I called the tech at Sam ash who put the blame on fender. I called fenders customer service who told me that was basically just the way it is because they don't have lots of American standard lefty necks lying me around.

I asked for a new guitar then. They said no. I asked if I could purchase a better custom shop neck. Willing to take a bit of a loss just to have a good,high quality, working guitar again. I paid $1100 for it. Not cheap. They told me they don't offer replacement necks.

Anything I can do but wait? Am I just kinda screwed here? Honesty at this point I would rally just like a new guitar but that seems unlikely under warranty because the issue is wth the neck only.

Not much you can do but wait - I would put pressure on Sam Ash to provide you with a rental while you wait.

If you don't mind buying a new neck - buy a Warmoth - they're better than stock Fender necks. They have a website - I would reach out if you want to go that route.
Yeah that's a load of shit, at the very least I would elevate the issue to the manager of the store and see if they have a solution. Pretty disappointing to read this, I figured Fender would be on top of things like this...
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
That sucks. I mean I suppose you could call Sam Ash and tell them youre picking up your guitar (so you can get it fixed elsewhere) but thats not really a solution and youll have to pay for it.

I would maybe try phoning fender again or try to get a manager at sam ash and see if you can get a solution. Be reasonable though. I mean if you come in yelling and screaming they will be less likely to help. Just explain what happened, explain how long youve waited etc... and see what can be done
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Also, just to add, it very well may be that they (Sam Ash) have done their part. I have seen some companies operate at a snail's pace when involving a warranty or replacing a part.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13