My local craigslist has a 150W Line 6 spider 4 for 200 dollars, and 150W is a lot more power than I need at the moment. My friend has a Line 6 Spider 15 and the cleans are okay bbut the distortion sounds just like a $20 Behringer pedal running through a cheap 5 watt amp. My question is, does the sound of the Line 6 Spider go up as you go up in the models, or does it still sound like god awful distortion, but just louder? Thanks!
No they don't.

A turd is a turd, no matter the size of the pile.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If you can provide us with a budget, your location, the kind of music you play and the gear you have now, we could probably help you out in picking a nice amp if you ever need opinions in the future.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
try with the mustang series by fender .. perfect for home ..
Be yourself !
Quote by LiquidOcelot7
My local craigslist has a 150W Line 6 spider 4 for 200 dollars, and 150W is a lot more power than I need at the moment. My friend has a Line 6 Spider 15 and the cleans are okay bbut the distortion sounds just like a $20 Behringer pedal running through a cheap 5 watt amp. My question is, does the sound of the Line 6 Spider go up as you go up in the models, or does it still sound like god awful distortion, but just louder? Thanks!

If you can find a spider valve, those actually have decent distortion.
The Peavy Vypyr is better in my opinion, but at the end of the day these are practice amps, and don't belong on stage or, god forbid, the recording studio
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
No, other than the very expensive Helix and their tube amps (DT, spide valve) Line6 products are garbage, their modelling is just plain bad, Spiders are budget practice amps that make a lot of different tones and all them are bad.
I think they might. When I bought my first amp it was between the Fender Mustang I and the Line 6 Spider 15. I went with the Mustang...

A friend recently bought a 30W Spider. It has a Celestion speaker and doesn't sound nearly as bad as I thought it would.
I had a Spyder III 150w 2x12 with Celestians, it's was tolerable a low volume but as soon as I would crank it up the tone went south, at higher volume the tone became very thin and to me sounded very artificial.

I would not waste my time or money if I were you, look into a Peavey Vyper, maybe a Roland Cube
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Apr 21, 2016,
Quote by diabolical
When you put a bigger master amplifier on a cheese grater you're left with a louder cheese grater.

^^ Yep. Just step away from the Spider display. These are not the amps you are looking for...
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY