Alrighty, so I took the advice here and was all about ready to purchase a DSL40C when I realized it was massive and I could barely afford it. The tone was my dream sound though. My question is does the DSL15C sound similar or close? They dodnt have any in stock to try and I'm worried about buying a Marshall with 6v6s.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
It has a smaller output transformer so it won't have as much low end "oomph". Also, it doesn't have a loop or reverb.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
I wasn't super concerned with the fx loop. I have a great spring reverb pedal. My main thing is I've been trying to get this sound for a long time (https://youtu.be/PUxuhc6Z5kQ). The entire album has a tone I love (recorded with a JCM 900). The 40 did it pretty well (i used less bass and very bright trebly and high mids). If the 15 can pull that off I'm sold.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
But won't you need a loop to put your reverb pedal in if your using the distortion channel of the amp?
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Did you looke at the Traynor YCV50B as well? That one gets close from what I remember.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=237YGHKiV9c

I think the 15C also has different speaker?

If you like the 40C, just wait it out for a bit, you might find a good used deal via GC online for example as they warranty their up to 30 days and can be returned to any GC store.
Quote by 8Len8
But won't you need a loop to put your reverb pedal in if your using the distortion channel of the amp?

I only ever use reverb on a clean channel. Its only for Surf guitar.

Quote by diabolical
Did you looke at the Traynor YCV50B as well? That one gets close from what I remember.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=237YGHKiV9c

I think the 15C also has different speaker?

If you like the 40C, just wait it out for a bit, you might find a good used deal via GC online for example as they warranty their up to 30 days and can be returned to any GC store.

I'll look into the Traynor but there is no way I can afford a DSL40 anytime soon (independent college student who doesn't make a lot.) I've been using a digital amp (a letdown from my old Deluxe Reverb) and cannot afford anything past $400. The Traynor and a used DSL15 both fit that bill. So long as it sounds pretty similar to the 40 I'm not concerned (they're both 1x12s I can always change the speaker.)
Quote by chip46