I'm surprised there aren't any ponies or anime alter egos in the OP.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by chrismendiola
I never thought I'd see the day when people are doing metal guitar on FL Studio.

FL has come with FL slayer for over 10 years.

There's a lot of guitar emulation/sample banks.

But yes, they're getting better. Of course they can't copy a real player, but when you can micromanage every little slide, bend, pick volume, palm mute, while time consuming, is probably easier than learning the song to most.
And people who aren't musicians likely won't be able to hear the difference.

Sometimes it's desirable to have a sorta fake sounding guitar if it's the sound you want. Fake-ish guitar sometimes blends better with electronic music.

It's not gonna replace musicians anytime soon, but I mean, we're slowly moving toward that direction. I'm safe since I'm a composer. Keyboardist and drummers are also safe, since most composers can't write drums as well as an actual drummer.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 21, 2016,
Quote by JustRooster
I'm surprised there aren't any ponies or anime alter egos in the OP.

You're the only one who's complaining here.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by stratkat at #33937399
FL has come with FL slayer for over 10 years.

I'm aware of FL Slayer, but I was saying I didn't expect it for the reasons you stated.
Free Ali
Quote by JustRooster
Is it still amusing that I am so butthurt over ponies even though they're so irrelevant at this point?

Yes, yes it is.

EDIT: Deleting your post doesn't hide the truth.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 21, 2016,
Quote by chrismendiola
I'm aware of FL Slayer, but I was saying I didn't expect it for the reasons you stated.

Well fl slayer was only useful to make crunchy effects, as a guitar vst, I wouldn't consider it servicable unless it provided the exact tone you wanted. (like you wanted a super nintendo sounding guitar.)

I was just pointing out they've been around a while. It is surprising both fl studio, and guitar emulation is still around, and STILL making serious improvements.

My father, a guitarist, often says music loses all emotion when it's done on machine, while I see where he's coming from, and slightly agree, I still have a lot of respect for composers who do it all themselves (real instruments or not.) I believe people do pour their heart into their work.

I imagine once harddrive space allows it, ultra drum emulation will happen, where you can change and rearrange mics to where it'd nearly be accurate to real drums, accurate stick hits to every part of the cymbal/drum, a whole slew of little nuances to pick from, but that'll take up a lot of data space, and be a lot of hard work. It's probably take a team 2 years of hitting a single drumset just to replicate ONE drumset. Don't worry drummers, that software would cost more than it would be just to hire a drummer, I mean, unless they were crazy and just did all that work for funzies.
Sounds gash to me. I can see it's vague usefulness in like a producer who recently discovered Metallica and now thinks it's HIS time to be the new Skrillex, but other than that, meh.

Background noise in a song at best in anything that isn't truly guitar orientated, god help anyone who uses it for a real metal track as a 'band'. Design the Skyline would probably love something like this.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Last edited by Anthony1991 at Apr 21, 2016,
Quote by Anthony1991
Sounds gash to me. I can see it's vague usefulness in like a producer who recently discovered Metallica and now think it's HIS time to be the new Skrillex, but other than that, meh.

Background noise in a song at best in anything that isn't truly guitar orientated, god help anyone who uses it for a real metal track as a 'band'. Design the Skyline would probably love something like this.

If you want to turn the guitar all the way down, you could just have the pick noise and hands making noise. You can also have it only be guitar noise with no pick or noise.

That's another thing I like, the sounds of hands sliding up and down the fret board is jarring if you turn them up too high.

If I use it, it likely won't just be guitar, I have everything from synths, 3 drum kits (acoustic) and violins, piano, etc.

I really wish I had 99 dollars.

Also on the composing, bunny from the bunny the bear writes everything in FL studio, he just takes his compositions and has other band members (idk if they have permanent bandmembers besides bunny) transcribe it to real guitar and etc.

As someone who wrote music in metal bands, this is a powerful tool to show other member the song I wrote, so it's good for demos, if you don't want to make full music for it.
It doesn't sound very good.

Quote by stratkat
Also on the composing, bunny from the bunny the bear writes everything in FL studio, he just takes his compositions and has other band members (idk if they have permanent bandmembers besides bunny) transcribe it to real guitar and etc.

That's like... the opposite of a selling point.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by stratkat
As someone who wrote music in metal bands, this is a powerful tool to show other member the song I wrote, so it's good for demos, if you don't want to make full music for it.

I like how actually recording the instruments isn't even a thought. Oh wait, no I don't.

Dude, recording guitars straight into a DAW has never been easier, you wana spend 99$? Go get BIAS FX desktop or something, that's software worth having for demos.

Also, have you pre-ordered that guitar that doesn't have strings but instead uses buttons?
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
I like how actually recording the instruments isn't even a thought. Oh wait, no I don't.

Dude, recording guitars straight into a DAW has never been easier, you wana spend 99$? Go get BIAS FX desktop or something, that's software worth having for demos.

Also, have you pre-ordered that guitar that doesn't have strings but instead uses buttons?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have a midi guitar, anything I write on guitar will become much more complicated once I put it in a DAW.

Recording requires learnign the song, I can play a few riffs from some of my songs, but that's it, once they get their final render, I couldn't tell you what key they were in 5 minutes later.

My ability to compose is better than my ability to play, though I do come up with a few ideas on guitar that I move to midi.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 22, 2016,
It's way to obvious to be real. The distortion is the main thing, it sounds like its been through several A/D conversions and has too much 'digital bite'. And then there's the way the notes cut off perfectly with each other. This would also be a bad thing if you wanted to emulate any technique that isn't straight alternate picking.

Just saying that, you'd never get away with this as an actual guitar replacement.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I'm just annoyed that computer music has now been tainted by awful sounding metal guitar.
Quote by EpiExplorer
It's way to obvious to be real. The distortion is the main thing, it sounds like its been through several A/D conversions and has too much 'digital bite'. And then there's the way the notes cut off perfectly with each other. This would also be a bad thing if you wanted to emulate any technique that isn't straight alternate picking.

Just saying that, you'd never get away with this as an actual guitar replacement.

Or if you want to sound like you're playing the soundtrack from an NES game.
Damn this sucks

People who use this won't be really good guitar players I guess, one of the things that made me evolve the most is when I started recording, writing riffs that pushed me, and having to practice them 100 times on a metronome, recording 100 takes to get the feeling right, just a huge number of hours spent playing the guitar that these people will miss out on.

It does sound kind of fake, but this just keeps evolving and soon enough it won't, that just sucks

Even worse, non-musicians can't distinguish this from a real guitar, just like with drums
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yes, yes it is.

EDIT: Deleting your post doesn't hide the truth.

Hard to call it truth when you only quote part of it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by stratkat
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have a midi guitar, anything I write on guitar will become much more complicated once I put it in a DAW.

Recording requires learnign the song, I can play a few riffs from some of my songs, but that's it, once they get their final render, I couldn't tell you what key they were in 5 minutes later.

My ability to compose is better than my ability to play, though I do come up with a few ideas on guitar that I move to midi.

It just sounds to me like you're not good at guitar. Maybe you should practice more.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
It just sounds to me like you're not good at guitar. Maybe you should practice more.

Played daily for around 6 years, adn by daily Mean every day, up to 8 hours day when I was in a band. Honestly I should be better than I am for the effort I put it, I'm no natural, but I'm definitely not a bad player.

It's just I could become amazing on guitar, and there's no one here to play with. People listen to electornic artists more than they do solo guitarists. Sad but true.

I like both, and like making electronic music a lot more than I like playing guitar by myself.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. "There's no one here to play with." Don't you live in Chicago? You're telling me that you can't find anyone to place with in a city of like three million people?
Quote by theogonia777
Excuses, excuses, excuses. "There's no one here to play with." Don't you live in Chicago? You're telling me that you can't find anyone to place with in a city of like three million people?

I live in a town of 4000 people, the nearest super walmart is a 50 minute drive on the interstate. I have internet that's 3 mb/s down on the VERY best of days because I live in rural no where.

I could drive to chicago in about 5 hours one way, but Idk what I would do there, and I'd probably just get lost.

I don't have much of an excuse other than I've found another music outlet I get attention for, and I've put guitar aside to invest in electronic music, since I do get paid to create it sometimes believe it or not.
Quote by theogonia777

I came to say this.

Dude anyone could be Steve Vai if they put in the practice, he sure did. It's the same with any of them, Petrucci, Satriani, Ywngie, and anyone you or someone else considers amazing at guitar. They worked their asses off to have the skill level that they do. That's not talent they're using, it's skill. Skill is something you earn, you're not born with it.

Are there more inherently talented people out there? Yes, some people might have a head start over others. But that's not what learning an instrument about, it's not about how talented someone is, it's about the journey that person takes to becoming a skilled player. There's a big difference. Those that struggle more often than not are more rounded, tighter, more aware of the music around them as players.

If you ask me, struggling to master the guitar is a benefit, not a curse.

You say you practice x amount of hours in the day... and? How much of that is structured? How much of that is focusing and honing a specific technique until you literally can't pick up the guitar anymore? How much of that is you recording yourself and listening back, analyzing it? How much of it is playing complicated things to a metronome?

Back in high school and later on I was so focused on starting my ideal band that I never found anyone to play with. When I got a few years older and got over myself and started thinking more like 'I just want to play' rather than 'I want to play this', it became much easier to find band mates - and subsequently like minded people.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster