I've been doing some research and no one has been able to give me a definite answer. I bought a Charvel DST-3FR, which is their single pickup Star model, which has a Floyd Rose Special in the bridge. Now the factory setup was actually pretty good, and I've been running Elixir strings, but I cannot seem to keep the bitch in tune. If I do fairly extreme divebombs or anything, it will be just a hair out of tune every time. This doesn't happen with my Carvin which has an OFR.

Now I would go with an OFR if I could find one at a decent price, but that's not gonna happen, so I've been looking into the Schaller/Gotoh Floyds since they've always been good quality. My problem is that I can't find any guides for fitment or if any of said tremolos will be a direct swap. Can anyone help?
The Schaller Floyds are a direct swap. Since the actual OFR's are actually made by Schaller themselves. The Lockmeister that Schaller makes is pretty much an OFR to the letter, except with a 'Schaller' stamp on the baseplate instead of 'Floyd Rose'. Everything else about it is identical to an OFR. The quality is exactly the same and parts are directly interchangeable with one another.

And even though they can be considered one in the same, the Schaller units can sometimes be found significantly more cheaply.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Exactly what TooDeepBlue said. IIRC FR Special is basically the same bridge as OFR/Schaller Lockmeister dimension wise, the later ones being of superior quality of course.

Going slightly of topic, I wonder if Schaller still makes bridges for Floyd Rose (the company). I think the patent on the design expired as the newer Schaller (branded) "floyds" lack the "Licensed under..." inscription.
Quote by tsc86
Exactly what TooDeepBlue said. IIRC FR Special is basically the same bridge as OFR/Schaller Lockmeister dimension wise, the later ones being of superior quality of course.

Going slightly of topic, I wonder if Schaller still makes bridges for Floyd Rose (the company). I think the patent on the design expired as the newer Schaller (branded) "floyds" lack the "Licensed under..." inscription.

They stopped making them IIRC for Floyd Rose directly years ago...however they still say that the OFR is "German made" so I still can't be sure. But as long as the dimensions are right, off to Stew-Mac I go
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds