So I have the 6505 combo and want to use my Russian muff, zak wylde od, and wah pedals. I want some tight amazing distortion, but I just get constant ringing and feedback. I feel that I've tried every xsetup and I either lose my od dist or just doesn't work and I have to fight my feedback. Anyone have the same setup and have it working. Please don't recommend the decimater as im working with a budget. Thanks!
when you're playin do yo far or near the amp!? because it can cause feedback if you play too close of it
-Esp Ltd Ec-1000 blk (EMG 60/81)
-Peavey vypyr vip 1
What guitar are you using?
Are you trying to run all those at the same time through your amp?
It is a high gain amp so feedback when not playing might happen. There are a lot of potential factors as to why you are getting feedback.
How old are the tubes?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Are you trying to run all those effects at once?
How are you using our OD pedal? Meaning people normally use the OD as a boost and turn the drive down and volume up to help tighten things up. If you are using the gain of the OD with the gain of the amp thats probably the culprit for the feedback.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
Line 6 M13
Yep just using the od as a boost. Maybe I nudged it, I have had good tone sometimes in the past, but I feel it is rather random. What order should my pedals be in to use my od as a boost. I don't have to use my muff but id like to when needed.
There is not an exact order to have your pedals. Normally it goes wah, then od/distortion. Time based and modulation effects I generally send through the fx loop.

To be honest, if you are using the gain channel on your 6505, which has more than enough gain on tap then boosting it and trying to run a muff through it, kinda sounds like overkill. I have yet to run a muff at the same time as my distortion and get a sound I liked, that's not what a fuzz/muff variant is used for (IMO).

I don't know what sound you are after, and I still wouldn't rule out the tube. Once again, lots of variables at play.
Line 6 M13
I guess recently I use my pedal gain, and leave the gain on my peavey low. Would that cause the amp to yell? I agree on the muff as I just have it in the chain, but have seriously not used it.
So you are using a high gain amp, well known for its gain channel, and using the pedal to get distortion?
Line 6 M13
I use an NS-2 in the X-configuration with mine and it totally kills all the feedback and preamp noise, even when set moderately. So it WILL do the trick for you.

However, I've got to ask -- where do you set your preamp gain and how much are you boosting it with your OD pedal? Also, how loud are you running it/where is your post-gain set? I see that you're also using hot-as-hell EMGs. With your setup, you should be getting into death-metal levels of saturation with the amp's gain on "3." Much higher than that, and you're only adding compression and extra noise.

Also, I think using a noise-gate to deal with feedback is a band-aid fix. I actually use mine mostly to supply my other pedals via a daisy-chain. I actually want feedback readily available. Yes, I can get feedback very quickly if I want it -- but I prefer not to use the NS-2 to control it. I use two hand muting and the guitar volume knob. If you dial everything in right, you should be able to set the amp to blazing levels and stand right in front of a 412 cab, while muting with both hands -- and not get any feedback. If you're still getting feedback like that, then you may just be pushing too much signal into the amp, running your gain too high, or there could be a microphonic preamp tube.