I dropped a JB/Jazz combo into my Peavey V-type, and it was my first time messing with any electrical guitar wiring.

I just want to make sure that I did it right. On all the diagrams, it says to solder both the ground wires to the back of the volume pot. My guitar was upside down and I couldn't remember which control was volume and which was tone (lol I don't play electric guitar often), so I just followed the wiring of the stock pickups.

I used this diagram:

Turned the guitar over and start to play to tune it back up (have a Floyd Rose so I did some fanagling to remove the bridge), and the control that's directly above where the green and bare wire are connected to is the tone one.

lol is this a problem? I can hear them, and the two controls both do things, so how do I even know?
My God, it's full of stars!
IIRC if there's a grounding problem, you should be able to hear a buzz or hiss through the amp(even clean), and it will likely change - still buzz/hiss, but slightly different - when you touch anything that should be grounded but isn't.
If it works without issue it doesn't matter.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
The volume pot is the one closest to the bridge/bridge pickup. The tone is usually used less and is farther away.
Well it works, but they're definitely connected to the back of the tone pot.

Just wondering if some are set up this way (because this one clearly was), and if that would affect the sound?
Wouldn't worry about it since it's working. Doesn't affect the sound at all, it's just usually easier to get all the grounds to the same pot is all.
Quote by Dreadnought
Well it works, but they're definitely connected to the back of the tone pot.

Just wondering if some are set up this way (because this one clearly was), and if that would affect the sound?

Often the pots are common grounded so it wouldn't change a thing.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Ok cool guys, thanks

This and dropping an original Floyd Rose into my guitar are the only modifications if I've ever done, but it's really improved how much I love my Peavey