Hi guys.
I bought this pedal few weeks ago, because I'd wanted to make my Cube little more chuggy and have some more EQ possibilities.
But is it normal, that the pedal makes solos sound like played with freakin wah pedal? It gets fizzy as hell just by touching the gain, too. Does this pedal suck or I am unable to get it sound right. I know I can not make pedals sound like they are meant to through practice digital crap. I tried it through Bandit- little better, but still thin and fizzy.
I haven't the honor to try it through tube amp yet. And that Top Boost should be called TRVE KVLT boost. It makes the guitar sound like spears of the satan...
Should I sell it or keep it and discover its sound?
Thx for any suggestions.
Quote by jozef2451
makes solos sound like played with freakin wah pedal?
fizzy as hell

Well, fizz is pretty normal with this thing, but I've never heard of a wah-like effect with it before. Maybe something's broken?

Quote by jozef2451
Does this pedal suck

Most people would say so.

Quote by jozef2451
Should I sell it or keep it and discover its sound?

Well, if you like it keep it, but it doesn't sound like you do. I honestly don't see what it could add to a Cube, Cubes are pretty okay on their own and don't benefit much from distortion pedals.
I think I understand what you are talking about with the "wah" sound. That pedal is prone to being nasally and it can be difficult to find the balance between nasal and woofy. I know some folks who can get a decent sound out of them, but they are usually playing through a nice warm tube amp and not a Cube.

FWIW, I think you would be better off just messing with the settings more on the Cube. That amp doesn't take pedals especially well but it DOES sound pretty decent on its own.

I'd return the pedal if you could and just keep twisting knobs.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.