I have two strats currently but I run into issues when doing some trem style stuff Joe does. I'm looking only to buy used. My budget is around $300-$500 (used) because I don't feel like spending anymore than that. Is it possible? Thanks.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
If you're running into the issues I have a feeling you may be running into w/the strat trem (tuning), bear in mind, strat trems aren't really designed for wild dive bombs and such that are common in shredding (at least if you want to stay in tune). You want a locking trem!

Beware though, most affordable guitars w/locking trems don't necessarily come with the best locking trems out there - If you're wanting to go with another guitar in your price range, your best bet is probably a used Ibanez RG or S-series of some sort.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Ditto on the Ibanez recommendation. My used Prestige is pretty badass and a lot of the forum posters here have similar experiences.
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Last edited by 21GunSalute at Apr 23, 2016,
Another solid option in that price range would be a Godin Freeway Classic, or maybe the Freeway SA. Made in Canada, HSH configuration, stable tremolo (Wilkinson?)...about the only complaints people have about them is their pickups. Some say the neck HB is too bright, for instance.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I have four prestiges at the moment. I love them.

$500 to $550 would get you a nice one on the used market if you are patient.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
When I went out to buy a Satriani model guitar way back in 2000, I ended up getting an S1520 prestige model because the store didn't have the Satriani in stock at that time. I put a PAF Pro and FRED in for the pickups and have been happy with it ever since, it is by far one of my best playing guitars, the S guitars are a great alternative for the Satch model IMO.
Quote by 21GunSalute
Ditto on the Ibanez recommendation. My used Prestige is pretty badass and a lot of the forum posters here have similar experiences.

My used Prestige was around $600, but it is an amazing guitar for the price with a great Trem system. You should be able to find one in that price range if you are patient.
I'm gonna go against the grain on this one (even though Ibanez's are sweet, I'm just throwing out another suggestion!) and recommend a Washburn Parallaxe series guitar. I bought mine new for around $760 (PXM10FRQTBLM) so I assume you can get a used one for ~$500. They have SD Distortion/Jazz humbuckers, an original Floyd Rose with a big brass block and spring silencers, and the buzz feiten tuning system. I like mine a lot.

They are relatively newer so finding a used one could be a bit difficult which is the downside. Barring that, an Ibanez as previously mentioned would do you well.

Edit: Found this one on reverb. Different model than mine but very similar hardware. A bit higher than your price range though.

http://rvrb.io/parrallaxe-pxs20fr-519
Last edited by Dinglebuttz at Apr 25, 2016,