I want to get a delay pedal, used mainly for metal leads.
Looking for high quality and good value. Not looking for too many features with it.
Cheers
Absent more info, you might consider the MXR Carbon Copy- straightforward, dependable, affordable, and well-made.

Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport Jr is another solid and affordable option.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 23, 2016,
Malekko 616
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
While there are a ton of options on it, check out the TC Electronic Flashback with the TonePrints. Just load a TonePrint from the genre you are after, set all the knobs at noon and play.

You can tweak the crap out of it if you ever change your mind down the road.

The TC stuff really appeals to me with the mix of high quality sounds, tweakability, presets/TonePrints, etc.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
for Metal i think you might want to look at some digital delays. while delays like the carbon copy are very nice they are analog and the repeats turn mushy fairly fast. for classic rock sound that great but for metal solid repeats that don't lose the sound usually work better.
Quote by monwobobbo
for Metal i think you might want to look at some digital delays. while delays like the carbon copy are very nice they are analog and the repeats turn mushy fairly fast. for classic rock sound that great but for metal solid repeats that don't lose the sound usually work better.

This is a good point, although it depends on the type of metal. Thrash, modern death metal, metalcore, melodeath, power metal, etc for example would lean more towards a cleaner delay sound, but stoner metal, black metal, doom metal, and more lo-fi old school death metal would be fine (and often better) with analog sounding repeats.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'd go with a clear digital delay (or one with presets) for metal. For cleaner to classic rock, I'd use analog. I think a darker delay would get lost in ultra-precise modern progressive medal.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Quote by reeros321
I want to get a delay pedal, used mainly for metal leads.
Looking for high quality and good value. Not looking for too many features with it.
Cheers

I would strongly recommend you get a pedal with tap tempo.
The line 6 DL4 is a cool pedal with multiple presets and tap tampo.

I like the Boss delays, particularly the DD-3 and DM-2w. The DD-3 is a very clean digital delay with minimal features and lacks trailing (repeats suddenly stop as you switch it off). The DM-2w is an analog delay with a nice character. I do not like the MXR Carbon copy personally, as it is too dark, but may be just what you are looking for as it does not get int the way while thickens your sound. The MXR is still a great pedal.
MXR Carbon Copy does a great job of emulating the subdued repeats of a tape echo, but a tap tempo would've been nice. But then it wouldn't be analog. I personally like the slightly dark sound of the repeats for metal because their warmth makes them more conducive for lead playing than a brighter delay in my opinion. I tend to think the darkness of the repeats gets overblown a bit too; it isn't as dark as everyone seems to say it is.

TC Flashback is a fantastic pedal too though. If anything because of how damn versatile it is.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 25, 2016,
Boss DD7

http://www.bossus.com/products/dd-7/

And have people forgotten the Memory Man?

http://www.ehx.com/products/deluxe-memory-man

if you want tap-tempo, the Memory Boy will serve you gloriously \m/

http://www.ehx.com/products/deluxe-memory-boy
ESP Ltd AX 50
ESP Edwards E-CY-165CTM
Boss GT-8
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
GB&A MS-10 (a teeny tiny solid-state amp)

Coping up with some serious GAS !!!