So, this is about something that happened at my sisters workplace yesterday.

She works at Lords cricket ground, I guess you could say shes an 'assistant staff manager'. Don't really know what the official name is tbh. But anyway, it's a job she loves, good people, fits to her degree, she lives near Abbey Road, etc etc overall, a great place for her to work.

However, her next immediate boss (who is something like 'head of staff' or whatever) is one of those awful bosses. Delegates nitty gritty hard choices to her subordinates, 3 days off a week ('works from home'), got the job because her husband is extremely well connected (he's the head of some massive company).

She's been extremely petty towards my sister in the past, using her authority to pass off hours of work to her that is apparently completely legal on a zero hours contract. For instance, the typical day my sister has starts at 9 and then ends at 9, for 5 days a week and quite often 6 and that's happening more frequently cuz it's currently cricket season.

But this one event that happened yesterday is kind of even more damning. So, as you'd expect, it's within a bosses authority to sack people for breaching conduct, which is what one temp employee (it's not clear on the real reason, either being late or fiddling with rotas) apparently did. Rather than do the firing herself, my sisters boss passes on the job to my sister with the express command to 'fire her because I don't like black people'.

Now it's no real secret that Lords has a dodgy history with racism but I'm fairly sure it breaches several laws to give that sort of command to a subordinate. And this boss in particular is not liked by anyone in the grounds, not even her boss who heads the majority of what goes on there. Trouble is, that if anyone, including my sister, spoke out against it then they'd most likely take the bosses word over my sisters given the seniority. So my sister faces more reasons to straight up leave when her contract goes out in a few months but it's the dream job shes wanted ever since she left uni.

What would you guys do?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
can yu tldr this for a drunken citizen such as myself?
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
TL;DR: My sisters boss is a prick, she did a prick thing thats probably illegal, should my sister speak out and most likely get fired for doing so, should she continue her job there or should she just leave when her contract runs out?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quit.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
ok read it

well the boss technically didn't give say "don't tell him why I'm asking you to do it" so if she told him why, and he decided to take action, the boss would have to string up a pretty good excuse. and if the race card is common, it would seem pretty believable if you said "because she doesn't like black people".

and if she told him, it's not a guarantee that he would take action, so if he didn't then she wouldn't have to worry about it.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Hmmm dealing with this you'd be dealing with one, History, two, the establishment that really look after their own.

Going above the managers head and talking to higher ups wouldn't get you anywhere but negative press with proof provided via a wire definitely would get a message across but not one that helps your sisters job at lords.

In saying that though...I love cricket, love its history and I love Lords. Don't ruin it for me plse.
Your sister can't make it stick. That's the problem. The boss sounds like a prick but without proof she'll just deny everything. Probably she'll fire your sister in retaliation after finding a reason. '
Quote by EpiExplorer
TL;DR: My sisters boss is a prick, she did a prick thing thats probably illegal, should my sister speak out and most likely get fired for doing so, should she continue her job there or should she just leave when her contract runs out?

You do k ow that if your sister got fired for saying something about the working hours she has been given, she could take her employer to a tribunal
Unfortunately it sounds closer to a no-win situation. The only perceivable thing that I can see is:

Your sister talks to her boss's higher up, noting that she said to fire person x because they were black. And just go from there, you never know what might happen. At the very least the issue was brought up and can now be discussed. Naturally, the downside is if your sister's boss is then spoken to but not fired - which is the most likely scenario - she will likely be even more of a bitch just to force your sister out.

It's the problem when some people feel inherently entitled to their position without earning it, they tend to then do everything in their power to constantly maintain their own sense of dominance - regardless of how small the stage may be.

However, if it's a dream job and she's still kind of newish from graduating (within 2-3 years) then... And I know this is a grey area on moral grounds... Then she might be best just letting it go. It's not perfect but that's life sometimes. Is her boss a total fucking douche? Absolutely. Is this your sisters dream job, or the path to it? It seems that way.

The way to look at it is, her boss is a bitch. If everyone knows it, everyone is looking for a valid excuse to get rid of her. This just isn't that moment.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.