Hello everyone! After not touching my guitar for months because I didn't have time to play anymore, this gap appeared between the neck and the headstock. The neck is bolt-on by the way.

How do I fix this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Image link: http://imgur.com/UNU4x3d
You'll need to wait for someone who knows more about repairs on here to help you with the fix, but for the love of God take the strings off that thing or at least loosen them completely.
Did that immediately after taking that picture, was too scared to leave them on, let alone tune the damn thing.
Loosen the strings immediately. It can probably be reglued. But get the stress off that fretboard ASAP.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I loosened the strings completely, there's nothing stressing it anymore. I am guessing some really strong glue should be the fix, but I'd rather wait for someone experienced to express their opinion.
Looks like it came apart at the scarf joint. Happened to my buddy's MIK Ibanez. If it simply came unglued and there wasn't any nasty breaks, it might be possible to fix easy enough. I would take it somewhere locally and ask what they would charge you though. If the repair costs more than the guitar then it's probably not worth it unless its sentimental to you or something.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Looks like it came apart at the scarf joint. Happened to my buddy's MIK Ibanez. If it simply came unglued and there wasn't any nasty breaks, it might be possible to fix easy enough. I would take it somewhere locally and ask what they would charge you though. If the repair costs more than the guitar then it's probably not worth it unless its sentimental to you or something.

Agreed, it's the scarf joint. All the repair would be is epoxy and clamps, which is an easy process in theory.

Firstly, don't use regular glue or super glue for the scarf joint, as it has the tendency to expand in those situations and that would obviously be undesired.

Secondly, the hard part is clamping. You'll have to buy a few, perhaps even some small boards that will help jig the neck and the headstock in the correct place. Scarf joints are generally clamped and glued before either is even cut out. Luthiers would prefer to do it when they have a couple of angled 2x4's because clamping once it's cut and finished is a pain.

Worse comes to worst, just call a local luthier and get a quote. Violin/cello guys do this sort of thing all the time with neck replacements, a guitar should be pretty easy to them.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
There are no breaks or cracks anywhere thankfully, the joint just unglued. Glad to hear it's easily fixable, that's a relief, thanks for the help guys.

Unfortunately, as I live in quite a small town, I highly doubt I'll be able to find someone who can do it for me. Worst comes to worst, I'll do it myself, I have quite a bit of DIY experience. A Google guide and the right tools should be all I need.

When it comes to glue, would wood glue do the job? I fixed a table some weeks ago and have plenty of it left.
Wood glue would do the job fine provided you use a generous amount of it.

The best thing to use to get glue into the crack is a syringe. Clamping an area like that shouldn't be too hard as its a relatively small area. Just apply something between the neck and the clamp so that the clamp doesn't damage the neck as you're tightening it down. But make sure whatever it is you're using cannot stick to the glue either.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Noted, thanks for the advice. I'll come back with the results as soon as I can! Thank you to everyone who cared enough to reply.
Quote by NangFTW

When it comes to glue, would wood glue do the job? I fixed a table some weeks ago and have plenty of it left.

I'd feel more comfortable with epoxy, personally, but probably.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
If you have any way to take the guitar back to the store or to the manufacturer, do it. This is obviously a manufacturing defect (poor glue coverage or glue failure), given where it occurred. If the guitar can be replaced or repaired by the manufacturer, you will have a much better shot at decent resale of the guitar later compared to what you'll get with a DIY repair.

If you can't, take it to a really competent tech and have him do it.

As a third (and final) alternative, glue it yourself. Do a good job of getting the glue *deep* into the crack (a syringe is a really good idea), clamp it well and be sure to wipe off the squeeze-out as well as you can.