https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFZjFg0FVhI

In the vein of Words/Antichrist (as expected, let us be honest) so some people might be vaguely disappointed but I am somehow charmed by the wiles of David and Jason every time. This is how you do "clean" Metal of a dark disposition! Variety of vocals without being that type of delivery where it's "Growl here; Spoken here; Growl Here; Soaring here" and it all has a cohesive feel to it.

Jason's playing seems to have really enjoyed the Words album. This feels like a continuation of it. His vocals sound like having sex with a gorgeous, pure and satanic woman dressed in black.

David is the best "slappy" drummer ever. I hate slappy drumming and yet here we are.

I for one am excited to once again have Satanic Sex with my stereo.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I was under the impression they had just fell apart, since they haven't released an album in 9(?) years, not done any shows and it seemed like the band members didn't seem to know. I'll have to give this a proper listen later on
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
True and false. Sounds like Words but not Rape, Goat or Choronzon.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Has there been any news? I completely forgot about them coming back into music, I wonder what sparked it. Jason and gang looking fine:

I think this might be the most excited I've ever been for a band to come back in a long time.
IMO, Akercocke have always been a band whose primary weakness was an inconsistent quality of songwriting. I love parts of Words; there are parts in Verdelet or Shelter from the Sand which display a stunning aesthetic uniqueness, creative vision and atmospheric texture that is unlike almost anything I've heard, but this is juxtaposed with some transitions that frankly seem half-baked, and some parts that are simply listless and tepid. Seduced is a pretty weak track. Yet the "Words That Go Unspoken" mini-suite is sublime, almost nothing I'd change about that.

All in all, a very unique band, though. Surprised to see them still around.
Last edited by Steve08 at Jul 19, 2016,
Agreed on the Words criticism. Although I think Goat is flawless. Easily my favourite work from them.

EDIT: Akercocke are wonderful. They took a modern sound and didn't make it sound horrible, it's just the right level of balance between instruments and tones aren't garbage. It's polished, but sounds so filthy.

Also The Dark Inside is the catchiest dance track I've ever heard.
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 20, 2016,
On the subject of Akercocke, this is fucking hilarious imo:

But yeah, I'm a big fan. Looking forward to seeing what their new album will bring