There's an unmarked silver dial in the back of the head, right behind and slightly to the left of the left most power tube. It's kind of above the FX mix dial. I looked at a few pics and none of them even have the dial. I checked an online manual and didn't see it in the specs. I think my single rec is a series 1, since i don't see a raw setting. It has a clean/pushed and a vintage/modern setting and the output and solo knobs are black. I was wondering what the dial is exactly.
Could you snap a pic?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I had that model of Mesa once, but mine did not have anything like that on the chassis. Could be something that was done to the amp aftermarket?
If its right above the fx loop could it be something to control the level of the fx? A lot of Mesas have that on them, but if I recall the series one solo did not. Its been a while since I have had mine though.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Last edited by bobafettacheese at Apr 26, 2016,
Eeeh there is already an effects level knob right below in the picture guys. I'm thinking a bias pot?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Might be a bias mod, I don't have that on mine.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
I think Mesa make a few changes here and there on their amps without telling anyone.
Like my mini recifier didn't have the bypass switch for the FX loop. I contacted them and they said the (version 2) don't have it.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Quote by Guitar137335
I think Mesa make a few changes here and there on their amps without telling anyone.
Like my mini recifier didn't have the bypass switch for the FX loop. I contacted them and they said the (version 2) don't have it.

While that may be true, the pot there doesn't look like anything i have seen on a mesa in stock form.

I would agree with 311, saying that you need to open it up to find out what it is (iff you feel comfortable, there are lethal currents in the amp).

I would guess that it is a bias adjustment. But I would open her up and look.

DON'T TURN IT AND EXPERIMENT IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
DON'T TURN IT AND EXPERIMENT IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR.

^ +1
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

turn the fricker ....lol ..... I would anyway ..... somebody would have to be stupid to put a bias pot in back where it could get bumped or turned by a angry Band mate or competing Band