Hey everyone, so I'm going to try and save up money for a new pair of pickups for my PRS, which is the only thing left to mod

I play a weird combination of metal, rock and prog music, with lots of high gain but also crystal clear cleans. I am choosing between the PRS Tremonti Pickup set, or Bare Knuckle Juggernauts. I think I prefer the Tremonti pickups but I don't know for sure. Clarity is very important.

Any other sets I should consider? Only passive pickups.

Thanks!
Last edited by VStratto Music at Apr 26, 2016,
Just installed SD Sentient/Pegasus in my PRS. They sound amazing. Very diverse. They are actually geared towards metal, rock and prog. I use them for primarily Opeth and it does the trick.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
Just installed SD Sentient/Pegasus in my PRS. They sound amazing. Very diverse. They are actually geared towards metal, rock and prog. I use them for primarily Opeth and it does the trick.

Wow! They are way cheaper than the Tremonti set and the demo on SD's page sounds pretty good, will definetly consider buying!
I am fond of them. They are very responsive to your picking as well.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
if it's an actual US PRS, leave it the f@#* alone.
Furnder Turlurcurstur '72 Cursturm
A tuner
RAT!@#?1!
Oloctro Hormonox Doloxo Momory Mon
Fenders Deluxes Reverbs.
Hmmm. The Tremonti pickups would work very well. Gorgeous guitar, by the way. Everyone raves about BKPs, but they sound pretty lifeless to me.
Don't rule out Petrucci's pickups, both the Illuminators and the Crunch Lab/Liquifire set are awesome.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
check out lace pickups too, im getting a set of deathbuckers soon.
Quote by bendystraw
Fifty bucks says you're fat.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Don't rule out Petrucci's pickups, both the Illuminators and the Crunch Lab/Liquifire set are awesome.

In the musicman guitars those have piezo switches. What would it take to put that in his for the cleans?
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Quote by dementiacaptain

+1
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate