Hi all,

I've got a bugera trirec and a joyo pxl pro. The trirec has multiple jack inputs for switching channels with an external switch. The joyo pxl has 4 trigger options for channel switching in amps. But I can't get the joyo to switch the channels. I've tried multiple settings but it is just not working properly. Is the joyo pxl just unable to switch amp channels or am I not setting it up correctly? (Or is the joyo broken? Is there a way to test the triggers?).

Thanks!

Joost.
I use my Joyo to switch several amps without problems.

First use a paper clip to short the end of your amp channel switch cable. This will prove if the amp is working.

Then pone the Joyo switch output with an ohmmeter to check that it's switching between an open and a short.

I'm guessing you just don't have the Joyo set up correctly since there are so many options (normally open vs normally closed, momentary vs latching).
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
I tested the amp channel switch yesterday and it works.

When in latch mode I am able to measure a resistance between tip and sleeve when the joyo channel is on. I get nothing when I try the same in momentary mode(tried when changing channels).

I am able to switch the channels on the amp when I press a channel on the joyo, that shuts everything off, in between. Both in latch and in momentary.
Last edited by Joowst at Apr 27, 2016,
Quote by Joowst
I tested the amp channel switch yesterday and it works.

When in latch mode I am able to measure a resistance between tip and sleeve when the joyo channel is on. I get nothing when I try the same in momentary mode(tried when changing channels).

I am able to switch the channels on the amp when I press a channel on the joyo, that shuts everything off, in between. Both in latch and in momentary.

I'm not sure what you mean by your last statement.

One think to remember - the Joyo is made in China. Not to get into bashing, but in my experience many products designed or manufactured in that country have poor quality control. You might just have a dud. I know mine have popping when I switch channels.
Channel A on the joyo enables the first trigger. The cable from trigger 1 goes to the input for channel 1 on my amp. Channel B on the joyo enables the second trigger and the cable goes to the input for channel 2 on my amp. Switching between A and B on the joyo does nothing. Channel D on the joyo turns all triggers off. When I go from channel A to D and then to B the amp switches to channel 2. When I go back to D and then to A then amp switches to channel 1. So switching between A and B does nothing on the amp, unless you first turn the triggers off. That is what I meant with the last statement. Maybe the triggers keep sending a signal when in momentary, so that the amp becomes stuck in a channel until you turn everything off.
Last edited by Joowst at Apr 27, 2016,
By input, I meant, the input for channel 1 on the amp. Not the guitar input. The trirec has an input jack for every channel on the backside of the amp. So yeah, I set it up using section 3 of the manual.

There is a thing I found out. I used my multimeter to measure resistance of the triggers of the joyo. When R0 it switches channels. I set it to momentary so when I press A there is a moment of R0. But when I press button B, to switch to channel 2, trigger A is giving me again R0. Only B is supposed to give R0 when pressed. So maybe it's a malfunction in the joyo.
You might want to just contact Joyo. They've been pretty good at replying when I've contacted them.
Thanks for tip. I mailed them on sunday, but nothing so far.
Maybe someone with a Joyo or Harley Benton can test if their pedal does the same thing: A signal from both the trigger that is on and the trigger you want to turn on, when switching channels between the two.
Last edited by Joowst at May 4, 2016,