And I have to follow where it leads
I hope someday you'll understand
That it's the only way I can be
Quote by drb1982
There's nothing like the sight
Of you at first light
Sleeping without a sound
In the golden sunlight

Nice set up, only suggestion would be to maybe change 'golden' for new/fresh, to compliment the early morning. You keep to the rhyme scheme without it feeling too forced, which is really tough.

'Cause my soul was meant to be free
And I have to follow where it leads
I hope someday you'll understand
That it's the only way I can be

It rhymes nicely but there's very little substance - and this is my issue with the piece after the first verse really, I get that you are a traveler, it is one of many stops - but there is no other information given - there's no depth to the piece.

What I get from this is leaving after casual sex/relationship which makes me ask why, where are you going, what are the adventures you're going to do, what is there that is better than this - or why is it not worth staying for? You mention wanting to stay for the rest of your days - maybe explore why and what's tearing you away.

As I said, it flow nicely and the rhyming scheme works well, perhaps just a little more depth for me.
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
Herr Rararr's touched on most of my thoughts. What is the narrator's motivation? The narrator comes off as superficial and slimy less than a wanderlusting-traveler-type. Perhaps a revision, if you choose to do one, could emphasize that internal conflict between this desire to travel (whatever its origin) and the desire to "be there with you" per the second-to-last stanza.