Page 1 of 2
having a sore neck sucks. sometimes it is because you slept funny. sometimes it is because of a concert.

discuss times when your neck was sore

my neck is currently sore because I am in a short play that involves me being balled up inside a hard plastic box for the first 15 minutes, and rehearsals involve multiple runs
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Sit-ups. Maybe I'm doing them wrong but they've fucked up my neck and jaw really hard in the past.

Quote by Banjocal
sucking dick

I recommend this instead.
If there is a God, it's me.
sometimes i'll pull a muscle or smth in my neck/throat that lasts for a minute but it feels super scary and i'm afraid to move my head and sit very still until it passes bc i feel like my neck might wildly contort or explode or smth
When I moved earlier this year. Didn't notice anything wrong the day itself, but the next day I had to actually roll myself out of bed because my back and neck were unwilling to move

Lesson learned: If I feel the need to be a stubborn ass, make it about something that doesn't involve lifting heavy stuff.
Sleeping weird in bed - this happens to me at least once a month, one of the downsides of being too flexible
Sleeping weird on airplanes
Dancing
Participating in a sit-up contest
Cooking for too long
Riding a bike for too long
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Apr 26, 2016,
usually the day after my band plays a set my neck is sore
but youre not hardcore unless you live hardcore
almost nothing. but sometimes my legs get sore from sitting cross legged in my chair for hours at a time.
Bending down to listen to short people complain about how tall I am.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I feel you guys on the whole pulling your neck thing

Quote by Banjocal
sucking dick

lol dicks
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I beat my neck with the bar once when doing squats, that was not fun
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
the main one for me is probably sleeping weird

the last time i got a sore neck was from running some electrical cables under some floorboards because you kind of have bend down and tilt your head sideways and that's basically a recipe for a sore neck
Quote by EpiExplorer
Bending down to listen to short people complain about how tall I am.

Such is life above the iron curtain rail
Not sure that i've ever had a sore neck ( that registered ) before, but I've certainly caught Scabies once before. The itching at the top of my butt crack was MINDBENDING for at least 3 days, until the doctor prescribed me some scabies killing cream.

That fixed it overnight.

I recommend catching scabies once, just to see how long you can last, until you give in and go to the doctor. Real men can go 10 to 12 days...or so i've heard...
Life in general makes my neck ache

But I mean the fact that I do very little of interest with my time could be a factor
I have nothing important to say
Ooh totally forgot about all the times I've been in a library/bookstore for too long and my neck just gets stuck on one side

anyway I hope your neck feels better soon! Taking a couple of muscle relaxants right before bed helps so much when it's at the point where it hurts to even have your neck touched (hopefully your neck does not hurt that much though)
cat
watching TV's that people that like them mounted 2/3 of the way up the wall.

eye level, man, eye level
trying to suck my own dick
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
i have cronic neck problems getting old i guess. bad sleeping is usually the proble. got new pillow so that has helped.
Playing War Pigs And sleeping weird, hate that shit.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by vintage x metal
having a sore neck sucks. sometimes it is because you slept funny. sometimes it is because of a concert.

discuss times when your neck was sore

my neck is currently sore because I am in a short play that involves me being balled up inside a hard plastic box for the first 15 minutes, and rehearsals involve multiple runs

If you wanted to tell us that you're in a play then you could have just said it. This thread premise is pretty weak.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Apr 26, 2016,
Quote by qrEE
Sit-ups. Maybe I'm doing them wrong but they've fucked up my neck and jaw really hard in the past.

I'm still new to fitness, but I think for core exercises, you're supposed to exercise your core rather than your neck.
Free Ali
I actually currently have whiplash from a go kart crash. And big red seatbelt friction burns across my chest

Quote by ultimate-slash
next day I had to actually roll myself out of bed because my back and neck were unwilling to move

Same shit happened to me a few months ago just days after starting back at my old job.

I must have already done something I couldn't feel, then I pulled something around my shoulder blades drying myself after a shower.

Laying flat on my back was the only way I could get remotely comfortable, but then every time I had to get up I'd have to kind of rock myself back and forth.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
My pillows have gotten too old and my neck has been sore every morning from them. I can't wait to buy some new fluffy pillow friends
Sleeping while dehydrated. Particularity after a long night of drinking.
lulz
Quote by Dirge Humani
i sneezed once and pulled a muscle in my neck for three days

#thingsweakpeopledo
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I actually currently have whiplash from a go kart crash. And big red seatbelt friction burns across my chest

OT: falling asleep on the trains and several different piano regulation procedures are both good at fucking my neck
Quote by Dreadnought
#thingsweakpeopledo

#thingspeoplewhosneezelikeagirlsay
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
my neck is sore af right now and I can't sleep

it blows
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
moshpits + catching stagedivers. go to shows regularly enough and pretty much once every few weeks I'll end up with something a little fucked up.

falling asleep in front of the tv. always has me lying in some weird position, especially if I was lying on the bed looking at stuff on my laptop too.

slouching when play video games for a while. trying to get a nice solid chair to resolve that though.

also my cures for sore necks are:
1)
get a full night's rest, after have a reasonable dinner at least a few hrs before sleep. have a warm shower and a cup of herbal/low caffeine tea before sleeping to help chill. should hopefully let me sleep without moving about too much.

2) drink a whole bunch of alcohol, but not stupid drunk levels. just a few drinks past tipsy. gives me a nice solid sleep as well as #1 and I don't really get hangovers so the only risk in my eyes is my liver getting mad.

3) go cinema, sit near the front, look up at screen while resting head on the back of the seat. combined with a warm drink or some kind of liqour and I usually feel pretty good afterwards

4) go see a masseuse, get a minimum 30 minute session.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by institutions
sometimes i'll pull a muscle or smth in my neck/throat that lasts for a minute but it feels super scary and i'm afraid to move my head and sit very still until it passes bc i feel like my neck might wildly contort or explode or smth

i get this too

its horrible
Quote by institutions at #33945501

I get this in my shoulder when I move it a certain way, I still haven't figured it out yet. It's like a sharp pain that is really sudden and then leaves my shoulder feeling tingly/numb for like 30 seconds, then it's just sore for a little bit. But it scares me every time and makes me think my arm is about to fall off
I crack my neck all the time which feels so good too but there are times when I'm out of it in some goofy state where I'm afraid I might bend it too hard and then I'll be dead.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Page 1 of 2