I'm not sure if I am asking the question correctly, but here it goes. When I plug in my blue yeti mic, all I can hear is the mic itself. I know I can add reverb to the audio track, but is there any way that through audacity, I can hear the reverb WHILE I am recording? If so, please tell me how. Thanks
The simple answer is no. While I like Audacity for basic editing it was not designed to use effects while recording.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Apr 27, 2016,
Any program that can? What do you recommend for my situation if I only have the Blue Yeti and a laptop?
There are a lot of recording programs that will allow you to do it. I'm sure some other UG folk can give you better ideas.

I have Sonor, Music Creator 6, and Cuebase that all allow it but I still like using a stand alone digital workstation (Tascam 2488 and Tascam DP-24) to do my tracking. I record my initial tracks on my Tascam and do mixes and mastering on my computer. My Tascams allow me to hear the effects while recording without recording them on the track.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Sweet! What is the actual word of what I am trying to do? I feel like there's a recording term for it that would make it easier to google.
Quote by DChalo123
Sweet! What is the actual word of what I am trying to do? I feel like there's a recording term for it that would make it easier to google.

It may be different in each DAW, but I think generally it is called 'Record Monitoring'. I recommend Reaper also
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

I might try out reaper

So pretty much any high end recording software like Cubase, Presonus, FruityLoops will have this feature?