http://www.esostrap.com/collections/all

Looking at these. I'm not so sure on what's best to get it but I have a cheap Martin strap that just feels awful because it's really thin leather. I'll be using strap locks with this. Thinking maybe the leather's not the best option because I want something soft, but I could be convinced otherwise. By the way I play with my guitar on the higher side so I want something that's not going to have a lot of slack left over after adjusting.

Budget is a little flexible, hoping under $80.
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
My favorite straps of all time: https://www.couchguitarstraps.com/

Super comfortable even on a guitar I had that was 11 lbs.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Thank you. I checked them out. They look good and durable, but it's in the standard shape that I was hoping to avoid. I decided on the dark green ESO strap. It's a gamble, but the padding and shape look good.
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
Quote by diabolical

I like Levi's straps too. I like the cotton ones with suede ends. Got a few of them with different colours.

I find that leather straps stick to your clothes more especially if they are not coated on the inside. So if your guitar is neck heavy, it holds a bit more to your shoulder and relief your left hand. If the guitar is more balanced, a cotton strap would let the guitar settle on its own. This will relief your shoulder. Note that this is just my opinion.
Last edited by Gab_Azz at Apr 27, 2016,
I have one and really like it. Really comfortable and super high quality. I have owned Couch, Levys and a bunch of Ernie Balls. The eso strap is by far the best in terms of comfort and the pick pockets are pretty awesome. I think they are made in USA too which is cool. Hope this helps.
I prefer leather over 2" wide. That's the secret with leather - get a wide one. My favorite is 2.5" wide and two ply, suede inner layer.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I bought a black one a while ago and just ordered a navy blue. I really like both of them and the shape really does make a difference. I use to have a lot of problems with straps cutting into my neck and this one does not even come near it. The adjusters on both ends are great because they never get in the way of my wireless pack. Really nice quality straps for sure.
Just gonna revive this once as I have been using it for a few weeks now. The front part of the eso strap is too long for me (175 cm tall) so I had to get my wife to resew it. Now, part of the curve doesn't fit on my shoulder part, but it's not too bad. The quality is decent otherwise, basically like the strap of a hiking backpack. If it fit better I would be very pleased...
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you