Does anyone know what happened to the Schecter users forum?

I bought a Schecter last week, and I love it, and thought I'd join a users forum.

I found http://www.schecterguitars.net/apps/forums/ which looked ideal, and was allowed to register but the process finished with the message "Thanks for your interest. Your account is now pending approval".

It's still pending over a week later, but following further investigation it looks like the place has been locked down. Every thread was last posted to "Over a year ago", and almost all of them by a David Thornton.

Do any of you know what's going on?
It hasn't been used for over a year so just assume it's closed and find another place.

FWIW, you can see that a moderator has deleted a huge amount of posts but I found a few they missed and it looks as if the forum was spammed by a bunch of trolls and adbots. I imagine closing everything has something to do with that.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
...it looks as if the forum was spammed by a bunch of trolls and adbots. I imagine closing everything has something to do with that.

Agreed, but you can do an awful lot to prevent trolls and adbots. It seems odd that they closed it, and particularly in the way they have (i.e. why still allow schmucks like me to go through the registration process, instead of just disabling that option, or properly closing the whole site so you can't even visit it.
Quote by jpjeffery at #33946432
Agreed, but you can do an awful lot to prevent trolls and adbots. It seems odd that they closed it, and particularly in the way they have (i.e. why still allow schmucks like me to go through the registration process, instead of just disabling that option, or properly closing the whole site so you can't even visit it.

You can't 100 percent block adbots if they want to hit your forum (even this one gets them). As long as you can still make accounts then you can still have adbots. In fact, that's probably why they went to subsciption via email only, cause they were probably getting flooded by a ton of new accounts and couldn't deal with the volume so they closed it off.

As for why they don't just take it down completely, there is still some info on the site so maybe they are not willing to just delete that shit. Either way, if the site was generating decent traffic, they wouldve reopened it. They didn't so I imagine the site wasn't popular enough to keep putting effort to.

But yeah, just move on. That forum is dead.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Here is UG's "The Ultimate Schecter Thread" https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753800&page=1&pp=20 . It hasn't been posted in for awhile but I don't think it would be considered a necro bump since it is the thread for Schecter lovers & owners. It's no different from the other dedicated guitar owner threads here like Fender, Reverend, Gibson and the sorts.
Quote by Way Cool JR. at #33946528
Here is UG's "The Ultimate Schecter Thread" https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753800&page=1&pp=20 . It hasn't been posted in for awhile but I don't think it would be considered a necro bump since it is the thread for Schecter lovers & owners. It's no different from the other dedicated guitar owner threads here like Fender, Reverend, Gibson and the sorts.

TBF, there's more merit to bumping an older thread like that compared to some people bumping questions about Squiers for 8 years ago.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Nothing wrong with necro bumping a thread that was started with the intent being a thread where a subject can be discussed over a long period of time like the other brand specific threads or several threads in the pit. Give the Schecter thread a bump maybe you will revive it.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Apr 27, 2016,
Quote by Evilnine at #33946857
Nothing wrong with necro bumping a thread that was started with the intent being a thread where a subject can be discussed over a long period of time like the other brand specific thread. Gives the Schecter thread a bump maybe you will revive it.

Maybe TS can be the new reigning king of the Schecter thread monarchy.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster