hey,

ive been trying to find a decent electric guitar for under £200 (since im a student i have very little money) and im stumped.
my main problem is aesthetics, most of the guitars at this price range have a look that i personally hate, (im new to guitars so if i call parts of a guitar something completely wrong please correct me :') ) and thats the two parts of the guitar that jut out along side the neck.

http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-body-electric-guitars/pid37411/cid671/jackson-js-11-dinky-2point-tremolo-rosewood-fingerboard.asp for example.

i was wondering if anyone knows any guitars with a less prominent one of theses :')
also a guitar that sounds good for the price.
Are you talking about a cutaway? The 'horns' of the guitar?

What do you hate about them? Saying you hate them but not saying what you hate about them isn't really information we can help you with. Are you willing to buy used? What music do you play? If you can answer those questions then we can help out.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
What do you play?
Are you willing to buy used? You can find something pretty solid and better quality than something brand new at the price you're asking.

That's a Stratocaster (strat) style body, and if you don't like the look, you may want to look at an Les Paul style guitar. Epiphone has an EC-256 or the Studio Dot, which might be worth tracking one down used, if that's the style you like.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
A Telecaster doesn't have the "horns" that stick out very long/far. You can probably get a nice Squier Telecaster for that price. What style of music are you wanting to play?
yeah i mean the cutaway, and im wanting to try and get a alternate rock sound similar to the beginning of this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvEk_TWNDV4

also im willing to go used and i don't like horns because to me they seem out of place ( i don't know why i just don't like it ) if the guitar has less aggressive horns i'd proberly be fine.
look for a used squier vintage modified strat or tele. i know u can get a 51 tele squier for that.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Go used if you're willing to risk getting a lemon. But it's well worth the risk as it's by far and away the way to go to get the most bang for your buck. Which is especially pertinent when you're on such a tight budget.

Otherwise the only guitar I'd suggest new for £200 is a Yamaha Pacifica.

Used, get a Squier Classic Vibe or a Mexican Fender.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

you want to look at the Vintage line of guitars. used you could afford pretty much any of their modals. i have a Vintage VS-6 which is a Gibson SG copy and it is a really nice guitar that was a value for the money.
Quote by monwobobbo
you want to look at the Vintage line of guitars. used you could afford pretty much any of their modals. i have a Vintage VS-6 which is a Gibson SG copy and it is a really nice guitar that was a value for the money.

I've never touched one, but I've both heard and read good things.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I had a Vintage V100 Lemon drop and it was great for the price(a little heavy though).Was more than £200 though.Defo go used on that budget.
Brilliant guitars for rock,pop and metal can be had for well under 200 quid second hand. Buying new limits you.

Ever tried a Lag Roxane 200 ? Compares to ESP LTD mid range stuff ,100-200 quid secondhand, blows away Epiphone SG's, nearly a Gibson,a really authentic guitar.

LTD EC's and Vipers,lower numbers,second hand less than a hundred quid. Ibanez thru necks with lo pro "Floyd Rose" under 200 (don't know if that contravenes your aesthetic requirements though). Ibanez SA's etc... Second hand is the way to go with 200 sheets burning a hole in your pocket, the amount of Strat,Tele and Gibson based designs you can pick up is amazing.
Last edited by guitar-name at Apr 29, 2016,