Hope this is the right place to post this, I recently bought a Boss Rv-6 reverb pedal and as well as a mono input and output it also has a stereo in and out. The mono works completely fine and the stereo output works fine with the mono input. However when I use the stereo input all I can get is a weird reverse reverb type of sound and its very quiet. It makes no difference whether I go into the front of the amp or use the effects loop. Anyone know what might be causing this, or if it's just a problem with the pedal? Thanks, I hope this isn't a stupid question but I've only just started building up my pedals so my knowledge isn't too great yet. Thanks
Last edited by jamesduffy844 at Apr 27, 2016,
The stereo input only works as the "B" input, which is to say you must also use the mono "A" input at the same time. It sounds like you're trying to use a mono signal into just the stereo input, which isn't going to get you what you want.

If you only have one amp, you're only getting mono anyway. It's unlikely you've got a stereo effects loop setup without being aware of it.
Exactly, what Roc said.
Stereo output on any pedal works only if you use both outputs at the same time, plugged into either a stereo capable amp or two amps.