So recently I purchased the Yamaha THR5A and I have been very impressed. The tones are great. One of the big reasons I got it is due to its recording functionality and that it comes with Cubase AI Elements 8. I gave this a go and installed all the correct drivers etc. I followed video tutorials and recorded the amp. Problem is, it's way too quiet. The guitar signal just shows up as a flat line with no waveform and when I play it back through the amp it's so quiet. I know something needs adjusting but I don't know what. Any help would really be appreciated, searched the Internet and YouTube and still no solution.

Thank you
I think you might have to contact customer support on this.
My only guess would be to go through installation in Cubase, I remember getting those settings right the first time was a mess...you had to pick inputs/outputs and point to the right interface. Follow this but look for something with "Yamaha" on yours:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/716/how-to-configure-an-audio-interface-in-cubase/

Also - look at the Yamaha driver, there must be something regarding bumping up input level.
What happens when you increase the master volume on the amp?
Quote by diabolical
I think you might have to contact customer support on this.
My only guess would be to go through installation in Cubase, I remember getting those settings right the first time was a mess...you had to pick inputs/outputs and point to the right interface. Follow this but look for something with "Yamaha" on yours:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/716/how-to-configure-an-audio-interface-in-cubase/

Also - look at the Yamaha driver, there must be something regarding bumping up input level.
What happens when you increase the master volume on the amp?

Thanks for the reply. I followed a video on the setup of THR5A and Cubase and did everything correctly (I think will double check) I mean it is recording,just too quietly. If I turn up master volume on amp, the input signal remains the same and volume playback stays the same also.
Look into settings on the Yamaha driver in that case..I guess it should be in the Windows systems tray, maybe there's a way to "bump" output. Might be time to contact their cust. support, they're slow as snails but will answer eventually.
Finally fixed it. With the amp comes the THR editor where you can edit presets etc on the computer. There's a tab there titled USB volume. Mine was set to 2 and I increased it to 5. Now playback is a perfect volume. Still a pretty much non-existant waveform but recorded it into audacity and the signal showed up a bit more which means it's just Cubase. Shouldn't matter too much as it's clearly recording fine and the recorded audio is of very good quality.