Who needs time when you've got fortune?
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Probably going to SyFy, they've been crushing it lately (Childhood's End, the Expanse, Hyperion (eventually), etc)
My God, it's full of stars!
I'd be ok with syfy if they have the budget
WOT is gonna require some $$$ to even get close to duplicating on screen
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Apr 28, 2016,
Quote by chrismendiola
This show is all about how white males are all evil.

You are a miserable little twat
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Apr 28, 2016,
Quote by chrismendiola
This show is all about how white males are all evil.

nah rand is asian ish i think

aka you haha
Nah he's a ginger with blue and gray eyes.
Could be half Arab though.
But there is a lot of Asian inspired influence in that world.

He could be right about the evil whitey man statement though.
Rands homeland only has female rulers for like a million years.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Apr 29, 2016,
Quote by Dreadnought
Childhood's End

I did not know a series was made of this, but now I do and now I am happy
Quote by EyeNon15
Nah he's a ginger with blue and gray eyes.
Could be half Arab though.
But there is a lot of Asian inspired influence in that world.

He could be right about the evil whitey man statement though.
Rands homeland only has female rulers for like a million years.

arab that's the one i always thought of him as an arab in my mind once i learned his origin

i need to go back but by the 4th book it was a complete drag the chapters lasted ages

to be fair it's not men = evil

men are the only ones powerful enough to destroy the ancient evil of the world it's just that they're prone to going nuts and destroying the world
Quote by Minkaro
Ooh, I hope there's some women who fold their arms under their breasts when they are annoyed.

tug on their hair too
The Wheel of Time is one of my top favorite fantasy series. I've read a few since then that are up there with it, but without the "young naive dude discovers his powers, matures, has to save the world" plotline and with more characters that aren't so strictly "good" and "evil". Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, it's definitely one of the best in that vein - up there with Tolkien. I love all the personalities and cultures and history and the unique magic system. It feels like a fully fleshed out world. I wonder if they'll work in the book about Moiraine's younger days in the tower?

It's one of those series that while reading it I'd occasionally think there's no way they could turn this into a movie, but it might be doable. I would like to watch it just to see how they handle it, but I don't really watch much tv anymore so idk.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
The Wheel of Time is one of my top favorite fantasy series. I've read a few since then that are up there with it, but without the "young naive dude discovers his powers, matures, has to save the world" plotline and with more characters that aren't so strictly "good" and "evil". Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, it's definitely one of the best in that vein - up there with Tolkien. I love all the personalities and cultures and history and the unique magic system. It feels like a fully fleshed out world. I wonder if they'll work in the book about Moiraine's younger days in the tower?

It's one of those series that while reading it I'd occasionally think there's no way they could turn this into a movie, but it might be doable. I would like to watch it just to see how they handle it, but I don't really watch much tv anymore so idk.

I always heard discussion about films of it but I don't think that'd work - there's just too much in each book for them to cover even when you tihnk about the generally simpler story of the first two books.

A series will suit it in my opinion. They've managed to make Game of Thrones and that's far more complicated and long winded than WoT. WoT of course is quite convoluted but it focuses on a core group of characters from the beginning and their journeys.
Yea, I've only watched a few episodes of GoT so I can't really comment on it, but from what I've heard (apparently everyone but me is super into the show. I'm just waiting on the next book lol) they've done a good job of it and it does have a lot more central characters and complicated political stuff.

There's no way they could do something like the Malazan Book of the Fallen haha. I'm halfway through the last book in that series and holy shit is that a complicated story!
Game of Thrones started off strongly but as soon as they started to change and chop the narrative of the books to a format friendlier to the regular viewer it started to stumble. The narrative is convoluted as it is with no "main" character and lots of politicking and it has really fallen in recent seasons.

Luckily WoT is a finished narrative with a grand scope but relatively simple story so I feel like it'd be a safer bet. Just get the casting right.
I haven't been keeping up with any news related to GoT, so I don't know if Martin's talked about it, but I hope he doesn't write the remaining books with keeping it tv friendly in mind. There's just so much more that can be done in a book.
Quote by Dreadnought
Probably going to SyFy, they've been crushing it lately (Childhood's End, the Expanse, Hyperion (eventually), etc)

nice.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o