This is the weirdest thing ever. My palms are never sweaty despite me being a real sweaty person. That's the one place I've always been happy about since I love lifting weights. The annoying thing is, the moment I pick up my guitar, my palms start sweating. I don't know why!

What about you guys?
I have not experienced that at all. However, I am a relatively new guitar player - learning chords and a few riffs - so haven't gotten into playing any gigs with other people.
My hands stay dry - but my fingers sweat. It's the weirdest thing. I have nothing to back it, but I assume it to be my body's reaction to nickel strings and fret wire.

Though - If I'm sitting with a buddy for a few hours and playing through material, it eventually stops. Its made open mic nights hell though.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Quote by dPrimmy
My hands stay dry - but my fingers sweat. It's the weirdest thing. I have nothing to back it, but I assume it to be my body's reaction to nickel strings and fret wire.

Though - If I'm sitting with a buddy for a few hours and playing through material, it eventually stops. Its made open mic nights hell though.

Glad to know that it's not just me!

For example, right now I'm doing nothing. Typing this message and watching youtube vids. My palms are actually really dry and I'm feeling like putting on some moisturizer. However, the moment I start playing, my palms get all sweaty(fingers included). It makes fast playing so much harder when you are afraid that the pic will slip.
No my hands don't sweat and my strings last a long time
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

That's the other wonderful side effect. I love the way Pure Nickels - Ernie Ball sound on my MIM Strat. Because of the problem, I'm lucky to get 2 weeks out of a set of strings before they go dead and start to cut away at the calluses I've built up. Elixers on my Taylor tend to last about 2 months, but they just don't feel/sound right on my Strat
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius