The message of peace and love is great, but there is a lot to learn in this life and that takes some hard work and determination and countless hours of studying. You have to find balance between the two. But acid for only a buck? Lemme get some
They look like they smell like week old piss stains and skunk
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I am fine with hippies for the most part but I've only a few people in my life who are really genuinely hippiesh who'd I call friends. A lot are a little too far out there personality-wise to get to know well.
they seem annoying as hell, but they're not hurting anyone so whatever
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Charlie Manson was the best hippie. I like watching his interviews because he is super batshit crazy but says some really cool, poignant things in the mix also. I also think he was rather a great song writer. Though, CM would say he wasn't a hippie at all because he'd have been far too old at the time. The hippies latched onto him. I dunno. It looked like a nice time and place to be for the most part, but kinda outstayed it's welcome in the end...
HAIL TIM SMITH, HARBRINGER OF FADELESS SPLENDOUR !

Most beloved recent band discoveries : Midori / Mass of The Fermenting Dregs
I don't like em.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
They look like they smell like week old piss stains and skunk

They attempt to mask all of those odors with patchouli
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

you don't wanna be around hippies once they wake to reality. the peace and love stuff is just bottling up what's really going on inside. the ones I've known for a long time used to be cool individuals, now they just intolerable dicks
Quote by Evilnine at #33949465
They attempt to mask all of those odors with patchouli

No better way to smell like nature. Just throw on too much patchouli and smoke the doobs until you smell like a skunk farm
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Apart from their politics typically, they are by far the best of the 'music subculture identities' after metalheads.
The ones in the 60s, no idea. If I'd been there at the time I'd have probably hated them or just been super envious of having some sort of subculture to belong to. Current ones, depends on the brand. Some of them are super avoidant of their own darkness (as if they think only eating raw food somehow purifies them and separates them from the rest of us) and end up being complete pricks or just annoying in the process, some of them channel the darkness in a constructive way, end up with sick, twisted humour, massive fun to be around, and are super accepting of most people. I've met plenty in both camp. It's what you get playing all these tiny festivals. Probably met more of the second camp though, so in my experience I guess I like hippies.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Apr 29, 2016,
Can we at least agree that the EDM scene is the most degenerate of all 'music subgenre identities'?
they seem somewhat annoying and delluded at times, but they apparently realised that the younger generations should be there to criticise the status quo and at times even adopt a fair bit of subversive behavior in order to keep society moving, even if that meant being a disappointment to their parents and grandparents

which is much more than can be said for a good portion of today's twenty somethings who spend their time jacking off to their own maturity and employability, as if it's some kind of brave personal choice to do what is expected of you, to do what you were being prepared to do your entire life

i think a lot of america's problems, maybe even a lot of the stupid shit that is going down on your college campuses today, comes dirrectly from the dismissive and patronizing way your society treats the younger generations.

but of course quite a few people here probably think that the main cause for campus stupidity, which they probably aren't able to understand in the first place, is the fact that youths aren't clones of the outdated 70 yo idols that the older generations admire the most

basically something along the lines of 'why cant kids be progressive according to decades old definitions and values', a true brain teaser

but whatever floats your boat, i'm just happy to have been born and raised elsewhere

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Apr 29, 2016,
Quote by Fat Lard
Can we at least agree that the EDM scene is the most degenerate of all 'music subgenre identities'?

I can agree. Most I know are fucking morons
Originally posted by Joshua Garcia
I just come here to dick around.
And maybe occasionally wave my dick around.

My D is major
Quote by JamSessionFreak
they seem somewhat annoying and delluded at times, but they apparently realised that the younger generations should be there to criticise the status quo and at times even adopt a fair bit of subversive behavior in order to keep society moving, even if that meant being a disappointment to their parents and grandparents

which is much more than can be said for a good portion of today's twenty somethings who spend their time jacking off to their own maturity and employability, as if it's some kind of brave personal choice to do what is expected of you, to do what you were being prepared to do your entire life

i think a lot of america's problems, maybe even a lot of the stupid shit that is going down on your college campuses today, comes dirrectly from the dismissive and patronizing way your society treats the younger generations.

but of course quite a few people here probably think that the main cause for campus stupidity, which they probably aren't able to understand in the first place, is the fact that youths aren't clones of the outdated 70 yo idols that the older generations admire the most

basically something along the lines of 'why cant kids be progressive according to decades old definitions and values', a true brain teaser

but whatever floats your boat, i'm just happy to have been born and raised elsewhere

Makes me think of that one hippie in Forrest Gump. The one that hit the girl and John Lennon.
Quote by JamSessionFreak at #33949544

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by roger
Makes me think of that one hippie in Forrest Gump. The one that hit the girl and John Lennon.

i thought john lennon was the one who hit the girl?
i feel negatively about hippies
bunch of white kids doing drugs trying to insulate themselves from society & shit
yeah they protested the war -- 'cuz they did not wanna get drafted
come on
Quote by Fat Lard

ya, although these friends of mine - nah they're all degenerates

I like some aspects of the hippie aesthetic but there are other aspects of it I deeply do not care for. as for the movements themselves, no solid opinion either way
cat
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I thought hippies were just myths

It's true.

All of it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Fat Lard
Apart from their politics typically, they are by far the best of the 'music subculture identities' after metalheads.

I lol'd.
If there is a God, it's me.
i hate peace and love
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
love peace and harmony
love peace and harmony
oh very nice very nice very nice
but maybe in the next world
They have positive messages and lessons for all of us but by no means are they the ultimate source of enlightenment.
hippies suck.

and after watching 4 episodes of The Path i hate them even more.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by JamSessionFreak

My only view of hippies: I look like one

That is all
Apparently i'm one so I dunno, sometimes I like myself, sometimes not.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Having been around through all of that...
At best, idealistic young folks tired of the "establishment" of the 50s and early 60s, and dissilusioned that "peace, love, and understanding" were not more widespread.

Then it became a popular-culture movement with large numbers of folks who adopted the "looks" (and the drugs and "free love") with very little attachment to the underlying problems of society.

When you began to see Hippie "couture" from major fashion designers... You knew the movement had become co-opted.

"Hair" is still a damned powerful play.