i really dont know what kinda of speakers to use for a 8 string tech metal or really what the right preamp tube to put in my tiny dark terror im look at a Empress ParaEQ with Boost Blue which im probley gonna buy sense i have only 1 channel and now eqs at all on it...would it be cheaper to buy a new cabinet instead of replacing speakers in the cab i got right now? idk if it would work.
yeah get another cab. Bugera uses MDF on all their cabs and that is not very durable. if it gets the slightest bit of moisture on it, it will ruin it.

The Harley Benton G412 vintage cabs are great and very cheap if your in Europe they are solid plywood cabs and they come stock with V30 speakers. I'm not sure about the G412 vintage cab, but I do know the G212 vintage cab is still cheaper to order from Europe and have shipped to the USA than buying a new cab loaded with those speakers is. You can find those cabs here www.thomann.de

your next option is look for a good used cab. you can get Marshall 1960 cabs for $250-$300 used all day, Marshall MF280 or MF400 cabs are also great and about $300ish used
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The material used in the cabinets is largely immaterial unless you're moving them around a lot. Cabinets that mostly sit at home are just fine being made of particle board. When they walk out of the house, you'll find that plywood is lighter, stronger, more impact resistant and less likely to be damaged by moisture.

There isn't enough power in the tiny dork terror (15/7, right?) to reproduce bottom end in a 4x12, so changing speakers or getting a plywood cabinet isn't going to do it for you. It will *sound* like you're getting all kinds of brootz, but you're getting the 2" speaker AM radio version of what you're doing, and you're going to be very surprised that when you get an amp with enough power and a cabinet with the right speakers to reproduce things as they really are. It'll sound like you've suddenly plugged into a serious home entertainment system by comparison.
^+1

very true
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
its a 20wat soild state lol it has the power to produce it. i got my 7th string on my 8 string working just fine but the eq i can't change it till i get a petal for it then it should work i got 808x in it. but the bass low it comes out good only the treble that i need for it(still talking about the 8th string) doesn't sound...tight enough simple as that. the string is a 92 gauge so im confident lol

Btw, its the mirco lol sorry about the confusion i was confused cause they didn't say what is was exactly...da the company never called it the right thing.
Last edited by svaree at May 2, 2016,
but yeah thinks for the speaker info i guess ill do alittle research on speakers...dont know where to start ;\
20watts is not really enough to produce decent bass at decent volume levels, not band level volumes anyways.

But yes, speakers can make or break an amp sound wise
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
you need twice the power to produce a note an octave lower than the initial tone.

20 watts if droptuned as far as a eight string is going to be a little anemic.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/