I have a Jet City JCA 20 head. It's the older toggle switch version with the blue light on the front next to the power/standby toggles. On occasion the light will randomly dim/flicker. I'm sure I'm on a good 120V circuit and the sound/power from/to the head does not seem to be affected. I'm assuming it's an LED. Is this normal behavior? Thanks.
Have you tried contacting Jet City? Doug provides great customer service.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by 8Len8
Have you tried contacting Jet City? Doug provides great customer service.

Agreed. JCA's customer service is top shelf. I have not contacted them yet but I will. I posted it up here just to see if by chance I wasn't the only one. There's no smoke coming out of anything the head works as it should and I'm 100% happy with the sound/tone...but having the light flickering/dimming is annoying. My extensive trouble shooting regimen has consisted of unscrewing the lens from the front of the cabinet to determine that it is in fact a LED type light. That's as far as I've dug into it. One way or another I'll figure it out and post up the solution. Stay tuned (figuratively AND literally)
Quote by bsadowsky3031
I have a Jet City JCA 20 head. It's the older toggle switch version with the blue light on the front next to the power/standby toggles. On occasion the light will randomly dim/flicker. I'm sure I'm on a good 120V circuit and the sound/power from/to the head does not seem to be affected. I'm assuming it's an LED. Is this normal behavior? Thanks.

I have a Jet City 20 and it's doing the same thing. A far as I know it's nothing serious. You just need to replace the bulb
This is actually a fairly common issue with the Jet City line, especially the 20's IIRC.

I use a 20 as my main amp and the light has flickered/worked sporadically for a few years now. It's something I don't care about, and if the company decided to cut costs by using a cheap light, it's fine with me because I care about tone much more than aesthetics.

I do remember folks on another forum posting about having success getting a replacement part by messaging Jet City's customer service. That's your best bet, and I'm guessing you'll probably have good results.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Thanks for the replies. The JCA 20 is a great head, a perfect fit for me size/tone wise and I have no regrets with the purchase. The flickering/dimming of the LED had me concerned about a possible short/power interruption in the head. Now that I know that's not the case I'll more than likely live with it as-is.
Quote by bsadowsky3031
Thanks for the replies. The JCA 20 is a great head, a perfect fit for me size/tone wise and I have no regrets with the purchase. The flickering/dimming of the LED had me concerned about a possible short/power interruption in the head. Now that I know that's not the case I'll more than likely live with it as-is.

I don't think I've had more than a handful of people notice the light issue on mine, and it's been that way for a good three years probably.

I think I may have mentioned this in a previous JC related thread, but it's worth repeating: the Jet City's are even better when you drop some new tubes in them. It's not an immediate necessity, the amps do sound good stock, however a quality set of tubes takes these amps to the next level.

If/When you start to notice your tone lacking a little bit in the bottom end, especially after a year or two of use, that's a sign your power tubes are starting to go.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by bsadowsky3031
Fortunately for me the guy I bought the head from had already swapped out the stock tubes for JJ's.

Definitely an upgrade from the stock .

If you have the chance though, and some extra cash to spend on some tubes, it's amazing how much difference mixing and matching (especially preamp tubes) makes in an amp. I forget my exact preamp, but I know I have a JJ in V1 with a balanced V3 which I believe is a Tung Sol, and I forget what's in V2.

As for power tubes, I LOVE the Mullard EL84 re-issues. I tried JJ's there, and I did like them, but the Mullard reissues absolutely nailed what I was after. Most importantly, they removed any "ice-pick" high end and sweeted up that end of the spectrum while also giving me a little more body overall.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Quote by bsadowsky3031

ya know that jet city sounds like my $25 practice amp. i don't know why you would waste that much money on one.

Okay maybe i am trolling
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The light on my JC20 went completely out months ago. Amp still works perfectly. Just watch out, I left mine on overnight once thinking it was off. On standby but still.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
ya know that jet city sounds like my $25 practice amp. i don't know why you would waste that much money on one.

Okay maybe i am trolling

Over a good weekend I can physically process $100 worth of alcohol through my system. I went on the wagon for two weeks = Used JCA 20.

I'd really like to have a Soldano but that would mean I would have to join AA.
There is another way to get a Soldano sound without having to go on AA. Grab a used Randall RM100 and throw a couple of these into it.

http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/sl-od100.html

SLO's cost like $5K here so that's how I do it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by bsadowsky3031
Over a good weekend I can physically process $100 worth of alcohol through my system. I went on the wagon for two weeks = Used JCA 20.

I'd really like to have a Soldano but that would mean I would have to join AA.

there was a reference to this (LP thread).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/