Been pondering a second guitar, thought of 2 options:

RR3-The one with JB/Jazz and three knobs, and then switch out the Jackson trem with a real Floyd. ~500 after tax/shipping.

RR5FR- Same pups, FRT-02000 (same model as the one on my charvel, which I've been alright with so I probably wouldn't switch the trem). More recent year. This one is neck-through. ~$650 after tax/ship

Thoughts?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at May 3, 2016,
They are each very sweet axe's, but I'd go for the RR5FR, it has a good trem and neck-through, no need to switch trems the works done for you haha, can u play them both? Does one feel better to you then the other?
RR5. It's neck through which makes it a full fat Rhoads.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I've never played either and the two listings I've looked are out of state (i.e can't try unless I buy/ship).

You guys sure even though adding an OFR to the RR3 would be cheaper and give a better trem? I figure it's about the subjective feeling but even regardless...
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
I'd go for the neck thru. The fret access should be amazing with the v shape plus neck joint.

Save the OFR for down the road if it ever needs it.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Definitely go RR5FR. You can always swap to a real Floyd later if you need it, but you can't swap out the bolt-on neck for a neck-through one w/the RR3. $650 is definitely a solid deal for one too, you're usually stuck spending $1K or more if you want a neck-through Jackson that isn't made w/sh*t woods!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by FlightofIcarus
Definitely go RR5FR. You can always swap to a real Floyd later if you need it, but you can't swap out the bolt-on neck for a neck-through one w/the RR3. $650 is definitely a solid deal for one too, you're usually stuck spending $1K or more if you want a neck-through Jackson that isn't made w/sh*t woods!

Not sure I follow;a bridge swap isn't possible on the RR3?
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Not sure I follow;a bridge swap isn't possible on the RR3?
I just meant that even though the RR3 already has the real Floyd rose installed, the RR5FR has the benefit of being neck-through, which you cannot change about the RR3. I'm pretty sure an original Floyd will fit in the routing for FT-02000, IIRC.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Forgetting about the neck-thought vs. bolt-on argument because that's just a matter of preference, nothing more. Many guitarists, myself included, prefer bolt-on guitars.

A RR5 for 650 including tax and shipping is a steal and even if you don't like it you can always sell it for profit (if it's in good condition, of course). And if you don't like the RR5, you probably wouldn't like the RR3 either as they are more similarities between them than differences.
So if were you I'd go with the RR5.