Hey guys may I ask you what is the best guitar for shredding performance in your opinion
And by that I mean it's width at nut & width at at fret & fretboard radius
Shredders use all sorts of guitars so even with the items you mentioned, there isn't a "best" just lots of good ones. Jackson Pros are pretty well-suited for shredding with their fast thin non-painted neck and compound fretboard radius.
I want to buy guitar online so I can't test it ...
That's why I'm asking about the best radius and width
Ibanez prestige is my pick. Jackson pro's are nice too though
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by fears.saqal
I want to buy guitar online so I can't test it ...
That's why I'm asking about the best radius and width

what kind of guitar have you been playing? most of what you ask is really down to preference and sure we can suggest what works for us but that might not be best for you.

Ibanez is what i most associate with shred (vai satriani) but of course Jackson and ESP/LTD also offer many models that are great for this.

i use a regular strat for my blazing which doesn't feature a flat fretboard or a locking trem really it is about what works for you. give us a litltle more to work with as there is no definitve best
I'm really confusing with the radius thing
430 or 400 or 350 or 300
I can't tell the best :/
Any help !!
I want to get the maximum speed and accuracy
It isn't the tool you use that'll make you shred. It's how you use it.

What guitar you play isn't going to make you a better shredder. You make the decision to learn how to shred, not the guitar.

Tell us of your personal preferences and be specific. The guitar that's best for shredding on is the one that is the most comfortable to you. Not necessarily the guitar with the thinnest neck, the biggest frets and the flattest fretboard.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 1, 2016,
I know that very well
Guitar is just a tool and it depends on me how to play it
But... if there 1% Chance to any type of guitar neck makes me a better guitar player I'll take it
I use cort aero 11 and I want to buy a new one . A one that helps me, a tool that helps me to become better
But the problem is I can't test the new guitar I'll buy it online so I need your thoughts
Overall I'm kinda good at guitar a played Canon rock .. and now I'm learning angel of darkness by Andy james
Nobody can answer the question of what is the most comfortable guitar for you. Only you can know that.

It's unfortunate that you cannot try anything before buying it. But asking us what is the best for you is just going to get you suggestions left right and center that may or may not relate to what you actually want, which isn't very helpful. At least not without knowing more information on what your preferences actually are, what your budget is etc.

Failing that, what is it that you liked about the guitar you currently own? What is it that you think buying a new guitar with a different set of features will do for your playing? Mentioning 'It'll make my playing easier' is not a very insightful answer; everybody wants a guitar that's easier to play. Explain how you think it'll help you.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 1, 2016,
You're making too much of the whole radius thing.

The guitar that will make you a better player is that guitar that you will end up playing the most. Get one of the guitars mentioned above that you like best, that you'll look forward to playing.

There are no objective parameters of guitars that will make people play better. It's not the answer you want but that's how things are.
Quote by fears.saqal
I know that very well
Guitar is just a tool and it depends on me how to play it
But... if there 1% Chance to any type of guitar neck makes me a better guitar player I'll take it
I use cort aero 11 and I want to buy a new one . A one that helps me, a tool that helps me to become better
But the problem is I can't test the new guitar I'll buy it online so I need your thoughts
Overall I'm kinda good at guitar a played Canon rock .. and now I'm learning angel of darkness by Andy james

a well setup guitar will help but no guitar can make you a "better" shredder. dude it's all about practice. you are barking up the wrong tree hoping for a magic solution that doesn't exist. if you look at what each one of the guys that answered your thread i'm pretty sure we all play different guitars so that should tell you something. finding a guitar that is comfortable for you to play is the right answer. i know that doesn't seem very helpful but it is the correct answer.

perhaps this will help a bit. as a rule guitars that are aimed at the shred market have thin necks with flatter radius's (i'm in the US where it's measured by inches) boards usually start at 12" and i've seen a few that go as high as 20" which is super flat. thing is that you really can't tell just by looking at the board. action is usually set low for easier playing. low action can result in fret buzz so there is a down side.

in your case i'd probably just go with an ibanez which is a pretty safe bet. get a super strat style guitar with a wizard neck. then you are going to have to practice your as off. there is no real short cuts if you want to shred. i tried for years but can only go so fast without it being crap despite a ton of practice. (some of my playing found in link in profile)
Ive had the Caparison Dellinger II for a few years now, its definately the best guitar ive ever used to play shred stuff, Id like to buy another but I think Id need to sell a kidney first.
Quote by fears.saqal
Hey guys may I ask you what is the best guitar for shredding performance in your opinion
And by that I mean it's width at nut & width at at fret & fretboard radius

All I can tell you is what I *personally* like.

I prefer a 1 3/4" nut width (with commensurate wider string spacing) and jumbo frets with a 16"-20" radius fretboard. I can work with 24.75" and 25.5" scales (these are important as well) and prefer a guitar with a full 24 frets mostly clear of the body. I also prefer a guitar whose cutaway horn is not too close to the fretboard (as is the case with the SG-style guitars and some Gibson-style LPs). I also prefer thinner (depth from the top of the fret to the back of the neck where your thumb rests) necks as opposed to big thick baseball bats. I like a neck heel that's smoothed (rather than clunky, like that on a standard strat or LP), no matter what the construction method.
I don't know 'bout your budget, but I would highly recommend a Music Man Majesty. I've tried it a couple of times in stores, and it's simply the best guitar i've evert tried. The neck is perfect for playing fast, and the sound is fantastic.
I like Flying V's cause they fly.....

Nah but seriously, since getting a V it has probably the best high neck access of any electric I've ever played.
You probably want a double cutaway so you can easily access the higher frets, that's it really the rest is personal. Do you want a Floyd rose? I know I dont
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
No guitars will help a person play faster, in terms of like faster tempo. However, some things can be made easier with a thin neck and low action. You may make fewer mistakes. Also, bigger frets may make it so you can press less hard and can bend more easily.

Right now I have a US strat and an Ibanez Prestige. I can play at the exact same speed with both. The difference is with the Prestige, I can bend farther, and legato runs seem a little smoother since I don't have to press down quite as hard (like 10% lighter maybe). On the other hand, the Strat has a better tone in my opinion (hss strat), chords seem to ring out brighter, and there is a nice control I have over bends which I think comes from the neck shape.
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
a guitar is just the tool but a good tool can make the job easier. for me i find that Jackson and Charvel/Jackson are my tools of choice. Compound radius necks, locking trems, fat frets, and comfortable bodies. For me, these are the tools that make shredding easier.