Hey guys, I'm shopping around for a guitar that'll be used solely for low tuning and am looking for a hard tail. There's a couple that I'm considering and am wondering if there's any real difference between a hipshot and a TOM, other than the feel?

Both are string through bodies, so I guess it really just comes down to what...tone and intonation? I've played on TOM's with stop tails before but never string throughs or hipshots. I will say I think the hipshot is more comfortable but it's not a big enough difference to pick one over the other.
Is one easier to intonate than the other in drop tunings? Is really just a matter of feeling?
I'll most likely be going with something like 11-52's or 12-60's on 25.5" scale.
Hipshot make all types of bridges. What one are you considering?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Hipshot make all types of bridges. What one are you considering?

Just a standard 6 string fixed .125 string through bridge.
So one of these?

http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=163

It depends on the guitar. How high does it have to sit? ToM's sit much higher. Both work equally as well as each other. Take some measurements and decide from that.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
So one of these?

http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=163

It depends on the guitar. How high does it have to sit? ToM's sit much higher. Both work equally as well as each other. Take some measurements and decide from that.

Yeah that's the one. I'm not building the guitar, just deciding between a couple that have these two types of bridges and wondering if there's much difference beyond the feel with heavier string guages for lower tunings.
Not really, no.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
What guitars specifically are you looking at? I have several guitars in C#std with .012's, never had a problem with tuning stability or intonation (assuming that they are properly set up).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/