So many choices. I'm looking to get a Vox AC4 to get a cheap Vox amp for home use. But there's a couple different versions of it out there right now? I'm looking to mainly play U2 and R.E.M. type stuff. I'm looking to buy used and the Vox AC4TV seems to be the cheapest out there used. Does anyone have any experience with any of the current Vox AC4s? (AC4TV, AC4CL-BL, AC4C1-12)
Thanks. 100% understand it won't sound exactly like an AC30. Are all of the AC4s modeled after the top boost circuit? I know U2 and R.E.M. are known for the Top Boost sound but there is a guy on You Tube doing a bunch of U2 demos with the AT4TV and it sounds pretty good and I don't see where that one mentions top boost.
^Good question about the top boost. I think they are all "voiced" to do the top-boost thing but the circuits are different to some degree. For instance, the AC4TV has just Volume, Tone, and Attenuation controls. The AC4BL and AC412 have Gain, Bass, Treble, and Master Volume controls, which seems to me that they would be similar circuits, the main difference being the speaker and housing.

Listen to some more standalone demos of each of the amps and see which one you like best. Again, I would go with the AC412 because of the better feature set and 12'' speaker housing, you can put a Celestion Blue in there and get even better results.