Do any amps have controls in their native language? ENGL and Diezel are German but they're control panels are English. It's the same with DV Mark Brunetti even though they're Italian.
They're probably doing that in consideration of their largest market(s).
I *have* seen amps with controls in other languages (they just change the silkscreen or decal on the faceplate), but most have been done as one-offs, as sort of a goof.
From what I gather, it's all in English. Maybe not in the Russian market.
I've seen some USSR-made gear with Russian text. I'm guessing it was more likely in the past when it was cheaper to build local copies of equipment than to import it. Now manufacturing is more globalized.
Quote by PSimonR
I think it's all down to English being a very popular second language all over the world.

That and, for the most part, the language of electric guitar music
Quote by K33nbl4d3
That and, for the most part, the language of electric guitar music

And everything else. I've read the bible and if English was good enough for Jesus it's good enough for me!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
And everything else. I've read the bible and if English was good enough for Jesus it's good enough for me!!

King James Version English only, though. Jesus doesn't approve of any other form of English. Jesus also, just to annoy Americans, prefers the term 'valve' over tube.

My Sovtek Mig-100 has some Cyrillic action going on, but pretty much everything meaningful is in English. Even the Yerasov amps, of which I have never seen one in person anywhere in the states, use English as the language to label everything.

I've even noticed in YouTube videos where an individual doing a gear review is speaking a different language, you will hear random English words depending upon what part of the gear they are talking about.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Za komunizmu sa u nas predavala elektronika, ktora mala oznacenie v nasom jazyku, niekedy po cesky, niekedy aj priamo po slovensky, podla toho, v ktorej casti CSSR sa to vyrabalo. Dnes uz je to samozrejme minulost a aj slavne elektronky od JJ Electronics, sa vyrabaju iba s popisom v "exportnom" jazyku.... A to je skoda - don´t you think so?
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....