Anybody have any experience with these? I have checked out the You Tube videos were they compare them but still can't decide which one sounds best. I am a fan of late 60s early 70s Marshall sound, but in the videos the JMP-1 sounds so shrill out of all of them. Which one do you think sound the best? I kinda wanna buy one just to say I own a real Marshall and I play in a bedroom situation so I like the low wattage.

https://youtu.be/wKb23WP-jTI
I think saying that you own a Marshall is pretty meaningless because there's so many kids who claim they own a real Marshall when really they only own an MG.

The benefit of the low wattage is that it makes the amp a lot lighter, more compact and much cheaper in price. But attaining a great tone at a lower volume is not necessarily something that small amps do, contrary to very popular belief. It's a misconception driven by marketing and "I heard from the internet that..."

I'm not a Marshall fan really. But out of the ones in that video, I liked the JTM1.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I'm not a Marshall fan really. But out of the ones in that video, I liked the JTM1.

Yeah that is the one I like too.
I am 50 so it not about saying I own a Marshall to anybody. For one thing I don't really have anyone to say that to. It is more about being a super fan of the people who owned Marshalls and having a little piece of that.
i recently got the jcm 800 1 watt head, with a mesa boogie 1X12 mini rectifier cab, and i'm very pleased with it.
it is great for many styles, with single coiled guitars it has great cleans and blues tones, and with humbucker equipped guitar its great also.
its really nice to have the ability to get the tones from the famous 80's bands that everybody loves, and not loud in the bedroom.
you may also want to consider a SL-5. i think it sounds better than most of that youtube clip you posted, and does the low volume thing well with the 1 watt switch.

they can be had used for $650 if you're patient and look around. just another option to consider.
I would look into getting a well-maintained yet preowned Marshall head. I have a DSL50W head and it's great, they regularly go for under 375 pounds used. It can be loud, but honestly using the master volume you can get it down to bedroom volumes easily and still hold great tone.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
+1 to greg. i haven't personally demo'd the 1 watters, but i have tried the SL-5 and thought it was pretty cool.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by gania13
i recently got the jcm 800 1 watt head, with a mesa boogie 1X12 mini rectifier cab, and i'm very pleased with it.
it is great for many styles, with single coiled guitars it has great cleans and blues tones, and with humbucker equipped guitar its great also.
its really nice to have the ability to get the tones from the famous 80's bands that everybody loves, and not loud in the bedroom.

I'm very interested in that one in particular. Would love to try it one of these days