Have any of you played in good metal bands (not a Pantera tribute band)? I have played in a few over the years playing melodeath, doom, black metal, technical death metal, folk metal, sludge metal, crust, grind, funeral doom, etc. Most of them have been just me or me and one other person. Playing live shows is meh anyway so it's for the best.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
nope
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
I've played in one really great band (and we're still going), and I have a "solo project" which is also great but would be much better if I could actually get a full band to play with.

I also played with a lot of shit tier garage bands for a few years and that can be a lot of fun too.
If there is a God, it's me.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Does metallic hardcore count?

nope, neither does deathcore
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Someone on this forum figured me out years ago. No one has since. Planning on keeping it that way.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Someone on this forum figured me out years ago. No one has since. Planning on keeping it that way.

Your secret is safe with me

I sort of cover my favorite metal songs with my guitar and my computer...

but to answer your question, i wish i was :/
Damn. And here I was thinking Veeg was the original lead since to Wham!

To answer TS, no, but I was part of some Internet projects.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
No, but I programmed some drums for a grindcore spoof band once. That was fun. They never released anything though.
I still need to record that grindcore EP that Mike Heller recorded drums for like 6 years ago... shit.

I've played in a lot of bad metal bands, but good ones? don't think so. Maybe if I go back to metal at this point it would be a good band.

Quote by VampireGoldfish

You fucking tease. I didn't know there was anything to figure out, now I want to know!
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Last edited by romencer17 at May 3, 2016,
there was once a photo of some tapes/records where a heavily tattooed arm was clearly visible. so we have that...

Well i was/still am in melodic death/metalcore/whatever band, but since we lost our drummer a few months ago, we havent really done anything since then. We were pretty good tho, at least i think so. We cant find a drummer good enough to replace him now, but he does seem to miss playing with us a lot, since his other band is way less chalenging. So we kinda hope we will get him back.

Also, i am currently in a pretty legendary thrash metal band from my country. I replaced the vocalist that was in there for 15 year, and the band is actually celebrating 30 years of existance in 2017. But its a pretty great old school thrash band, and i cant wait for out bigger gigs this summer.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I'm supposed to rerecord some old demos over the summer. It's probably gonna only be two songs, but with two mixes of each, one mix with everything and one with just guitar, bass, drums, and vocals.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I was in n a local thrash band of n Tacoma, Washington called Toxic Reign. You can check us out on youtube and judge for yourself. I thought we were good. Just a 3 piece but alot of dynamics there. Being the sole guitar player is fun but challenging
Quote by theogonia777
Have any of you played in good metal bands (not a Pantera tribute band)? I have played in a few over the years playing melodeath, doom, black metal, technical death metal, folk metal, sludge metal, crust, grind, funeral doom, etc. Most of them have been just me or me and one other person. Playing live shows is meh anyway so it's for the best.

Using this definition I've playing in 50 or 60.
Quote by MHDrunk
there was once a photo of some tapes/records where a heavily tattooed arm was clearly visible. so we have that...
Sauce?
Sir V. Goldfish has graced these forums with a picture of him wearing a gas mask.

Unless that was dead-fish. One of the rotting poissons of this forum.
Quote by severed-metal
Sir V. Goldfish has graced these forums with a picture of him wearing a gas mask.

Unless that was dead-fish. One of the rotting poissons of this forum.
I thought that was Spynal?
I recall the gas mask pic.

I also recall rumor that Christopher Lee wasnt really dead and it was Veeg in disguise.

So there is that. Urban legend around UG Metal forum
HESSIAN HAREM
I have a band, - whether it's good or not is another matter entirely lol. But it's not a Pantera tribute, so I'm safe.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I've casually sampled and stalked your stuff since "Extinguished Temples" was in your sig, Emenius Von Sleepus.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
does jamming with Metallica count? they recorded Kill Em All in my hometown and stayed at a friends house while in town.
Quote by progbass
I was part of some Internet projects.

Speaking of, all CoM recordings are now lost due to my hard drive dying
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by The Wildchild

Was that the grindy whatever thing? If so, I may have them saved somewhere.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
I've casually sampled and stalked your stuff since "Extinguished Temples" was in your sig, Emenius Von Sleepus.

!

Well thank you for taking the time to hear some of it - there's some new music in the works if it's something you're interested in.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at May 5, 2016,
Quote by The Wildchild

dudeeeeeeeee :<

I think I have the mp3s and GP files somewhere. Will have to look. Could of swore I had it backed up. Whats the best way to get them over to you? You can PM me on FB

and to whoever it was, CoM was the Beherit / Incantation material WC and I did together.
HESSIAN HAREM