Hi, I'm pretty useless with electrics so sorry in advance if I'm unclear with my question! I've got a Mooer Micropower supply and need a replacement plug for it. According to the pedal it takes a 12V DC centre pin negative plug, at home I've got a 12V plug but it doesn't say whether it's centre pin neg/ pos. Am I at risk of damaging my pedals/suply if I try the plug and it turns out to be the wrong one? Or will it just not work?
Cheers, David
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Quote by hardrockerdave9
Hi, I'm pretty useless with electrics so sorry in advance if I'm unclear with my question! I've got a Mooer Micropower supply and need a replacement plug for it. According to the pedal it takes a 12V DC centre pin negative plug, at home I've got a 12V plug but it doesn't say whether it's centre pin neg/ pos. Am I at risk of damaging my pedals/suply if I try the plug and it turns out to be the wrong one? Or will it just not work?
Cheers, David
Absolutely yes. What happened to the power supply it came with? If you still have it you should be able to type in it's model number and order the exact same one.

Also read up on this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1688869
Quote by Will Lane
Absolutely yes. What happened to the power supply it came with? If you still have it you should be able to type in it's model number and order the exact same one.

Also read up on this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1688869

I lost the original at a gig I was playing, the strange thing is that on the Mooer website, the only adapaters they have are for 9V

Is there any way of telling whether the adapter I have spare is negative or positive if it isn't labeled on the outside?
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Quote by hardrockerdave9
I lost the original at a gig I was playing, the strange thing is that on the Mooer website, the only adapaters they have are for 9V

Is there any way of telling whether the adapter I have spare is negative or positive if it isn't labeled on the outside?
The only way I can think of is if you cut the end off, you can take a continuity tester to the inside barrel of the plug and the sleeve of the plug and see which piece of wire matches. Generally the wire with the - - - - writing is the positive lead, and the wire with the specifications is the negative lead.

But you also have to make sure that the adapter you have is matched in other ways. Read that article, it will help you out. In short, you need to match AC/DC, Voltage, minimum mA current, and plug polarity.