Track title: Shadow people
Link to track: https://soundcloud.com/andresjam/inconclusive-shadow-people-1

Hey guys,

It's been several weeks since I recorded anything. I decided to finish up a project I've been working on. I was aiming for a death metal track in the vein of The Faceless. I might do a few more tracks about a paranormal subject. I actually recorded the vocals in my car with my laptop, an audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett Solo), and a microphone (Shure SM58s).

Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback you may have.

C4C:
Please link to your track or forum post.

Thanks dudes!

First off, I liked the vocals, there's alot to like about them and I'm very, very fussy with my vocals. They remind me of a mix of Morbid Angel and Mortuary Drape with a touch of Black metal.

The riffs are good, the recording is fine. I thought some of it sounded very disjointed. Like you were trying to create different rhythms on top of each other but it didn't work out. I think it could work but it does need some tweaking, there's alot of parts that feel very out of time.

The lead melodies/solo were right up my street yet still suffered from that disjointedness.

I liked the lyrics and subject of the song too! I love to write about horror/weird topics.

Keep up the good work, you've got something great going on here, lots of potential!
The heavy parts in this song sound great man. Your slow ballad sections for the guitars are interesting and atmospheric. The arrangement for this piece contains unique content that has room for growth and further experimentation. I also thought the mix to this song has a clear sound especially for being recorded on a laptop. I could hear each individual instrument without any trouble and to me means its a good mix. Where you driving around while recording the vocals? That would of been cool lol. Anyways good job.
I'm usually not much into growling and these kinda vocals, but I enjoyed this a lot and I'm definitely gonna listen to this song again and check out your other works. I liked the atmosphere of the song!

Sorry for the crappy review. At least know that I liked it
The beginning kinda sets you up for something else, then dem dere guitars and kinda traditional death metal growls kick in and it's very enjoyable! The growls, Idk, kinda sound like they're being whispered, but in a good way ofc, as it gives the whole song a gothic kinda ambience (felt like walking around in a vampire's mansion).

Now, around 47-59 seconds, I fellt there was an overall timing issue with the rhythm, solo, and bass drum; kinda seemed to each be headed their own slightly different direction. I liked the leads, having a more melodic approach then I expected. That gave more of a thematic sense to the track and I appreciated it, as it kept it from sounding boring xD

Nice track, yo, nice track.

Hope you can check me out, some time soon: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1701912

Edit: I noticed you were aiming towards The Faceless (one of my favorite bands of all). You got it right when it comes to keeping theme within the song instead of being generic death metal, but I'd say the vocals would need to be more brutal and in your face, you know? That being said, I still think you made a great song, coz it shows more of what YOU do and I think that's gold
Last edited by LourDeo_15 at May 7, 2016,