state-sanctioned kidnappings. If cops arrests (kidnaps) someone for kidnapping, then doesn't that make the cops just as guilty as the perpetrator? Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
Check out my band Disturbed
makes u think
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Stewie you're really bad at making joke threads just thought someone should let you know

thank you. I will file this opinion where I file all your opinions

my junk mailbox
Quote by StewieSwan
thank you. I will file this opinion where I file all your opinions

my junk mailbox

Junk is a slang term for penis

I assume a junk mailbox is the same thing as a spank bank
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Junk is a slang term for penis

I assume a junk mailbox is the same thing as a spank bank

junk in my trunk tho

or is that correct
Whatever
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by StewieSwan
state-sanctioned kidnappings. If cops arrests (kidnaps) someone for kidnapping, then doesn't that make the cops just as guilty as the perpetrator? Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

This is some good circa 2011 posting right here. Fassa would be proud.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by StewieSwan
Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

If everyone is blind they cant kidnap eachother equals solutions

Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Last edited by SFosterS at May 3, 2016,
I do not consent

I do not consent

Ps: call the police
I have nothing important to say
I know that if I were mad, after several days of confinement I should take advantage of any lapses in my madness to murder anyone, preferably a doctor, who came near me. At least this would permit me, like the violent, to be confined in solitary. Perhaps they’d leave me alone.
Cops be reading me the Miranda rights and I just be like uhh YEAH I KNOW I have the right to remain silent but why would I want to deprive myself of my 1st amendment right? So stoopid omg.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I've been in jail for petty crimes and missing a payment review no one called, mailed, messaged, or told me I had.
It sure feels like being held for ransom when I stole 10 dollars of beer and my total bonds have amounted to 17,000 dollars.
Here's the one from only missing 1 court appearence out of the 10 or so I've had.

After the court appearence, and telling them I had five dollars and no savings, they lowered it to 2500. I have no idea how long they could've legally kept me, but I begged my father to bail me out because reading novels and playing spades sucks in a tiny room sucks.

After this, I immediately called my aunt to get a hold of my cousin to get me a job in springfield, I'm done with this county.
Last edited by stratkat at May 4, 2016,
Quit stealing stuff. You're not entirely a victim here.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Quit stealing stuff. You're not entirely a victim here.

I'm not saying I'm the victim, but I do think my punishment is severe. I've been on piss test monthly for two years and passed every one of them, I've been attending AA once a week for 4 months, I went to rehab for 28 days, I went to counciling for 4 months, paid 1550 usd in bond money, been paying 50 a month and still owe 2000, served 12 days in a holding cell and I did 30 hours community service.

I miss one payment, and they set a payment review I was never told about, so I missed it, then they issue a warrant with a 5000 dollar bond. I've never missed court any other time, and I've made it to see my PO every month for years.

Over 10 dollars, it seems a little rediculous, I was an alcoholic and would rather snag 3 tall boys in my jacket, then go to the ER over DTs in 2013.

This is what's making me leave, I complied with everything, broke absolutely no laws, I still went back to jail because they set a court date no one told me about.
Last edited by stratkat at May 4, 2016,
Quote by stratkat
I'm not saying I'm the victim, but I do think my punishment is severe. I've been on piss test monthly for two years and passed every one of them, I've been attending AA once a week for 4 months, I went to rehab for 28 days, I went to counciling for 4 months, paid 1550 usd in bond money, been paying 50 a month and still owe 2000, served 12 days in a holding cell and I did 30 hours community service.

I miss one payment, and they set a payment review I was never told about, so I missed it, then they issue a warrant with a 5000 dollar bond. I've never missed court any other time, and I've made it to see my PO every month for years.

Over 10 dollars, it seems a little rediculous, I was an alcoholic and would rather snag 3 tall boys in my jacket, then go to the ER over DTs in 2013.

This is what's making me leave, I complied with everything, broke absolutely no laws, I still went back to jail because they set a court date no one told me about.

You know that sounds like absolute bullshit to anyone that's ever had any dealings with the court system, right?

But hey, it's your story.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
You know that sounds like absolute bullshit to anyone that's ever had any dealings with the court system, right?

But hey, it's your story.

You mean to say not opening letters that look like they contain bad news DOESN'T invalidate its contents?

Damn, those 'past due' stamps are starting to get bigger and redder too.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Last edited by RAB11 at May 4, 2016,
Quote by RAB11
You mean to say not opening letters that look like they contain bad news DOESN'T invalidate its contents?

Several years ago I had occasion to spend a significant amount of time in various courtrooms and dealing with law enforcement (not negative, work related), and I'm pretty sure the "I didn't get it / I didn't know" defense has to be one of the most commonly used, even though I can't recall a single instance where it worked. (Evidence perhaps that most criminals aren't particularly bright?)
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at May 4, 2016,
Quote by Arby911
Several years ago I had occasion to spend a significant amount of time in various courtrooms and dealing with law enforcement (not negative, work related), and I'm pretty sure the "I didn't get it / I didn't know" defense has to be one of the most commonly used, even though I can't recall a single instance where it worked. (Evidence perhaps that most criminals aren't particularly bright?)

Or evidence perhaps that they actually didn't get it...

Bond has to be set high so that people can't afford it and have to get a bail bondsman. They keep like 10%. And have a lobbyist group that spends millions trying to influence higher and higher bail/bonds.

Similarly 5% of the worlds population live in the US. 25% of the world's prisoners live in the US. You guys turn people into criminals for the colour of their skin and lock them up for life over non violent crimes. Then those prisoners are used as labour for everything from call centres, manufacturing, farming, and a range of other industries. They often get paid less than 75 cents per hour.

The prisons are privately run and big business. They also have lobby groups.

There is no incentive to correct inefficiencies in the court system. Besides, they're all criminals anyway so who would believe them in the first place and who would care in the second.
Si
Quote by 20Tigers

Bond has to be set high so that people can't afford it and have to get a bail bondsman. They keep like 10%. And have a lobbyist group that spends millions trying to influence higher and higher bail/bonds.

Similarly 5% of the worlds population live in the US. 25% of the world's prisoners live in the US. You guys turn people into criminals for the colour of their skin and lock them up for life over non violent crimes. Then those prisoners are used as labour for everything from call centres, manufacturing, farming, and a range of other industries. They often get paid less than 75 cents per hour.

There is no incentive to correct inefficiencies in the court system. Besides, they're all criminals anyway so who would believe them in the first place and who would care in the second.

Stick it to the man, man.
Quote by 20Tigers

This can't possibly exist, though, without taking entirely unreasonable precautions to record receipt of all mail.

Similarly, is there a verifiable chain of custody for those documents? Is there a documentary trail that they were issued correctly, and any means of discovering where they went astray? And again, is it possible to continually monitor that for all such documents without the process being excessive?
Quote by Arby911

I hadn't seen my PO since february, I only missed one payment, so usually I don't even have to show up, so I didn't go to my last 4 payment reviews. Literally no one notified me, they sent no letters, my PO didn't even know I had a warrant until she looked at my file on her computer while I was in my monthly meeting with her. I can post the entire paper trail and court orders, but I don't want to mark out that much personal shit.

My cellmates were surprised they didn't just give me an OR bond, but whatever.

You've also never heard of pike county, I've dealt with other court systems, they were far more lax are far more serious crimes.

Tbh, why didn't my PO call me after the warrant was issued?
Why didn't she call telling me I wasn't in court, she should've been at work?
I made two payments in january, to cover february, so missed march's payment, but they counted it as two months missed.

Quote by RAB11

The court house doesn't send bills, you have to pay online or go up to the court house.
Last edited by stratkat at May 5, 2016,
Quote by stratkat
I hadn't seen my PO since february, I only missed one payment, so usually I don't even have to show up, so I didn't go to my last 4 payment reviews. Literally no one notified me, they sent no letters, my PO didn't even know I had a warrant until she looked at my file on her computer while I was in my monthly meeting with her. I can post the entire paper trail and court orders, but I don't want to mark out that much personal shit.

Do you see where the problem started? Here's a hint, it wasn't with you not being notified of your appearance date.

If you had not missed the payment (apparently court-mandated and not really an option), none of this would have ever happened.

If you had taken the initiative and followed up after you knew you missed the payment to see if there were any issues, and to get them resolved, none of this would have happened.

If you had gone to your payment reviews, none of this would have happened.

Quit trying to pretend this is someone else's fault. I don't know if you're a good guy that did something stupid, a career criminal that simply got caught this time or like most of us, somewhere in between, but blaming others when you had repeated opportunities to control the situation won't solve a damn thing.

I know sometimes people get fucked by the system, but that's not what happened here.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Do you see where the problem started? Here's a hint, it wasn't with you not being notified of your appearance date.

If you had not missed the payment (apparently court-mandated and not really an option), none of this would have ever happened.

If you had taken the initiative and followed up after you knew you missed the payment to see if there were any issues, and to get them resolved, none of this would have happened.

If you had gone to your payment reviews, none of this would have happened.

Quit trying to pretend this is someone else's fault. I don't know if you're a good guy that did something stupid, a career criminal that simply got caught this time or like most of us, somewhere in between, but blaming others when you had repeated opportunities to control the situation won't solve a damn thing.

I know sometimes people get fucked by the system, but that's not what happened here.

They're lucky I don't set up an automated phone call asking if I have court today to call every morning at 8 am.

I'm showing up to everyone of them now. Missing a month, or making a payment early was never a problem before, hasn't been for the last year, sometimes I'd make 3 payments in a month.

As for career criminal no, and after my first time in jail it was enough for me to go to teh ER if I'm gonna withdraw rather than snag a few tall boys. I only stole alcohol one other time, and I got caught, they just didn't give the tapes to the police. Actually they'd see me show up shaking at 6:50 waiting for the clock to hit 7 am so I could buy booze, they probably felt sorry for me. I had cashiers tell me I should get help.

In three days I'll be a year out of rehab, and the longest sober period I've had in a decade. I tried getting into rehab when I was 21, I was on the waiting list for a year before I gave up. So stealing that alchohol if nothing else got me in the fast lane to get into rehab.
Quote by stratkat
They're lucky I don't set up an automated phone call asking if I have court today to call every morning at 8 am.

I'm showing up to everyone of them now. Missing a month, or making a payment early was never a problem before, hasn't been for the last year, sometimes I'd make 3 payments in a month.

As for career criminal no, and after my first time in jail it was enough for me to go to teh ER if I'm gonna withdraw rather than snag a few tall boys. I only stole alcohol one other time, and I got caught, they just didn't give the tapes to the police. Actually they'd see me show up shaking at 6:50 waiting for the clock to hit 7 am so I could buy booze, they probably felt sorry for me. I had cashiers tell me I should get help.

In three days I'll be a year out of rehab, and the longest sober period I've had in a decade. I tried getting into rehab when I was 21, I was on the waiting list for a year before I gave up. So stealing that alchohol if nothing else got me in the fast lane to get into rehab.

Sounds like you're making it work, and good on ya for that!!

Just remember that in the courts you're dealing (for the most part) with folks that do NOT care at all about you. They have heard it all and are not interested in hearing it again, so the only person you can count on to make sure your shit gets taken care of is you.

Seriously, Good luck, addiction is a bitch! Are you making meetings, talking regularly to your sponsor? (If you're not in the program you probably should be.)
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at May 5, 2016,
Quote by Arby911
Sounds like you're making it work, and good on ya for that!!

Just remember that in the courts you're dealing (for the most part) with folks that do NOT care at all about you. They have heard it all and are not interested in hearing it again, so the only person you can count on to make sure your shit gets taken care of is you.

Seriously, Good luck, addiction is a bitch! Are you making meetings, talking regularly to your sponsor? (If you're not in the program you probably should be.)

Thanks, I go to AA every week, but I don't have a sponsor. I'm going to another county where I'm assurred a good job, I'll live in an oxford house, it's a group home for people in recovery until I can afford my own place. Recovery will be a lot more active, here there's one AA meeting a week, there I'm sure there's one every night, and they have group events and outings, here we have like 4 regs, and on a busy night 10 people. I'll be moving from a town of 4k to 100k population. So finding a sponsor who I get along with and can trust would help a lot, since the only person I'll know is my cousin, who's sober. I'm also on medication so the craving isn't that bad, after a year they're not bad even without meds.
I have a meeting tonight actually, I technically don't have to show up to them anymore, but I still do. I don't know if I'll ask for my year coin or not, my 30 day coin's been in my wallet and it means more or less the same to me.

Since recovery there's only one friend I still hang out with regularly.