So I'm looking for an amp that is under $250 AUSD
I've been recommended the following so far:
Roland Cube
VOX VT
NUX Mighty 15
I'm looking to get a grungey, rock sound because I am inspirted by alot of 90's rock like
Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Mudhoney, The Germs etc.
I've been interested in getting the Roland Cube but I know Chris Shiflett of the Foo Fighters used VOX on the Wasting Light tour so i'm tossing up between those two now.
Any reccomendations?
I don't want people commenting about why I shouldn't get a cheap amp because at the moment I'm only in year 11 and don't have much cash so I just need something cheap for now to replace my shitty amp that came with my guitar starter pack.
Cheers,
Anthony
The fender mustang amps are pretty good, surprisingly loud for a small and cheap amp, and they connect to your computer so you can download or dial in just about any tone you wnat. like mustang I v2, it has a bunch of tone presets that are good.
i would go valvetronix.

i have never been impressed with the cube.

the mustang (the modeler i have had the most experience with recently) is quite underwhelming. one of my students had one. i tried to dial in some good tones for him and i just couldn't find anything that really impressed me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Honestly for your budget buy an audio interface and get Positive Grid Bias. Way more tonal variation and flexibility as well as it being much better than modellers in your price point, in Australia anyway.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Honestly for your budget buy an audio interface and get Positive Grid Bias. Way more tonal variation and flexibility as well as it being much better than modellers in your price point, in Australia anyway.

not a bad idea if he doesn't need to play anywhere else other than his computer. (i haven't tried that software though).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Another vote for Valvetronix. They have a lot of nice sound amp models and built in effects. It should be able to cover the sounds that your looking for.
Quote by thesanchez101
So I'm looking for an amp that is under $250 AUSD
I've been recommended the following so far:
Roland Cube
VOX VT
NUX Mighty 15
I'm looking to get a grungey, rock sound because I am inspirted by alot of 90's rock like
Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Mudhoney, The Germs etc.
I've been interested in getting the Roland Cube but I know Chris Shiflett of the Foo Fighters used VOX on the Wasting Light tour so i'm tossing up between those two now.
Any reccomendations?

Anthony

Ignore what the pro's are using - if Chris Shiflett was using Vox, he was using expensive Vox tube amps which have nothing in common with the small digital amps like the VT. The brand name alone tells you nothing and can be very misleading, especially with Fender, Marshall and Vox.

The Roland Cube would be my pick out of those, but you should test them out to see which you prefer.
Especially with modeling amps, they are all going to have their attempt at a Fender sound, Vox sound, Marshall sound etc.