Hey everyone,
I've recently encountered a problem that really pisses me off. Basically, when I add a new track in Guitar Pro 5 (sometimes, not everytime), one track -or more- gets the assigned instrument of that new track and it will always be the same as this new track. Is there is any way to resolve this problem?
Thanks in advance!
-Rockin'Brony
Use fewer channels. That usually happens when all tracks use up all 16 channels. Except for percussion, tracks are assigned automatically to two.
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Oh, really?
Well that sucks, I'm tabbing out the orchestra for Lotus Feet by Steve Vai xD
So I have to make several tabs files then?
Thanks!
Some things I do:
- if some track uses the same type of sound as another (e.g. Distortion Guitar and Distortion Guitar), I'll merge the two track channels. So if DG#1 is channels 1 and 2, I'll change DG#2 to channels 1 and 2 as well. Note that if you panned them differently, you'll lose the difference.
- merge the effects track. If DG#1 is channels 1 and 2, I'll change channel 2 to channel 1. Then DG#1 is just one channel. If DG#2 is merged with DG#1, it'll also only use that channel.

Percussion is unchangeable, but these are some tips. You can save a lot of channels thus. Just label the tracks.
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something