Hey guys

I have a Lonestar Stratocaster that has 2 Texas specials and a Seymour Duncan Pearly gates in the bridge, I'm considering changing the Pearly gates to a Atomic (DH-1) Pickup. My question is, are these two Pick-ups pretty much the same, and is it worth changing Bridge Pick-ups? I tried a stratocaster with an atomic Pickup yesterday and it sounded good, but is the Pearly gates the same
They are nowhere near the same pickup. The atomic has higher output and more suited to metal/punk. The pearly gates bridge is more of a classic rock and blues pickup. Though, the amp is going to make more of a difference over what tone you're pulling off.

What amp are you using and what genre do you play?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at May 4, 2016,
Okay so I use a Marshall DSL40C amp, the type of sound I'm looking for is closest to the band Muse. And I use a Phaser, Fuzz, Distortion, Delay, Reverb, Boost, Noise suppressor, Octave and EQ
i had an atomic 2 in a 2003 fender, and i didn't like it. i yanked it.i probably have it sitting around here somewhere.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'd say if you're tone is lacking, work with your amp first/more before the pickup. That amp should have enough flexibility to get a Muse tone.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Is this a Pearly Gates, or a Pearly Gates Plus? These are different pickups.