Page 1 of 2
It's the fifth of May here which means party time for most of the US. What do you guys do to celebrate Mexican culture and history?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
I legit forgot until it was mentioned here.

I have a small bottle of tequila and some Rumchata. Also in a small bottle.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I might have some Doritos later
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I've been dirnking for the past two hours happy mexican culture day!

Fuck the French they suck at winning on occasion!

Yay cinco de mayo!
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
I've been dirnking for the past two hours happy mexican culture day!

Fuck the French they suck at winning on occasion!

Yay cinco de mayo!

French fought the Mexicans? I was not aware of this.
Quote by AndersM1
I'm a Hispanic living in San Antonio and don't even know what the fight was about at the battle of the Alamo lmao
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I'm a Hispanic living in San Antonio and don't even know what the fight was about at the battle of the Alamo lmao

Must have been a lamo battle
Quote by AndersM1

They did and they won. They lost on the fifth of may though. That's why we celebrate it. Well actually we clebrte it becauase the alchol companies made it promoted and so we could buy alcohol but it doesn't matter really since we can buy alcohol all the time.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
If I had any money I'd go get a burrito at this really good place by my house, but I don't.

I should go to this other place actually called Cinco de Mayo, but it's guaranteed to be packed.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at May 5, 2016,
Quote by jakesmellspoo
If I had any money I'd go get a burrito at this really good place by my house, but I don't.

There's a place here callefd baby alcpulco and they server the most delicious purlple margiritias I've ever tasted fucking delicious mate.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
I just celebrated Mexican culture by thinking about Salma Hayek while having a wank.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Every year on the fifth of May, me and my destitute family leave our cardboard box to go to the rich family next door and ask for help.

Then they give us their scraps, tell us they hate us and that those scraps should have gone towards a fence to keep us out, and we cry all the way home.
It's Liberation Day here in the Netherlands, so I am off work today and tomorrow. Will be doing some gaming, following some courses so I think I will spend some time on that, and also will take a walk to find out more about my new neighborhood.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by FunkyPunk666
Absolutely nothing because I'm not mexican. I never understood the point of cico de mayo.
Oh my God, you're unbanned! Sup dude?
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Oh my God, you're unbanned! Sup dude?

Thanks man I appreciate the warm welcome back. It seems like things have been pretty dull here since my last appearance in the pit.
Quote by FunkyPunk666
Absolutely nothing because I'm not mexican. I never understood the point of cico de mayo.

Because without cinco de mayo, the calendar would go from cuarto de mayo straight to sexto de mayo. Chaos and madness would ensue. Rains of fire and brimstone. Cats and dogs living together!
Quote by Diemon Dave
I'll celebrate by going to a showing of CA:Civil War tonight and having a Quesadilla and a Margarita while I'm there.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Just another point in favor of Mayo.

They don't call it "Cinco De Miracle Whip"
Quote by FunkyPunk666

A little known fact is that back in 1912, Hellmann’s mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico but as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York.

The ship hit an iceberg and sank and the cargo was forever lost. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning which they still observe to this day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course as Sinko de Mayo.
Thanks for the history lesson flexiblemile. My condolences to the Mexican people for their loss.
Why do we celebrate cinco de Mayo when it represents Mexican independence? Canadians don't celebrate the fourth of July.
Quote by WaterGod
Why do we celebrate cinco de Mayo when it represents Mexican independence? Canadians don't celebrate the fourth of July.

I don't know why YOU celebrate it, but since about 75% of the population where I live is Hispanic (Las Cruces, NM) they certainly celebrate it here.
Quote by WaterGod
Why do we celebrate cinco de Mayo when it represents Mexican independence?

Are you sure that's what cinco de Mayo is about...
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by WaterGod

A. It's not Mexican Independence Day, that's in September.
B. Filipinos do.
C. Denmark does, and in style! http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20120627-worldwide-weird-celebrate-american-independence-in-denmark
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at May 5, 2016,
Quote by flexiblemile
A little known fact is that back in 1912, Hellmann’s mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico but as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York.

The ship hit an iceberg and sank and the cargo was forever lost. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning which they still observe to this day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course as Sinko de Mayo.

Is that day of mourning also when they were so shocked, they all sat on avocados, chillies and limes and discovered guac?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by TobusRex
I don't know why YOU celebrate it, but since about 75% of the population where I live is Hispanic (Las Cruces, NM) they certainly celebrate it here.

Well typically I just see WASPs use it as an excuse to eat Mexican food
Quote by WaterGod
Well typically I just see WASPs use it as an excuse to eat Mexican food

The only excuse I need is this: enchiladas kick ass.
Quote by WaterGod
Da fuq Denmark has a queen. That's like inappropriate cultural appropriation.

Denmark is one of the very few nations that has been smart enough to realize that it if wasn't for the US and the super soldier serum, Hydra would have won the war and they would be slaves to Germany!

Or something like that...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Dreadnought
Today is my 6th anniversary

Don't you have to be 13 to post on this site?
Page 1 of 2