Poll: Do you have a lot of stuff?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you have a lot of stuff?
Yes I have a lot of stuff
25 56%
No I don't have a lot of stuff
10 22%
I have a bit of stuff
10 22%
Voters: 45.
Page 1 of 2
Do you have a lot of stuff? Recently my housemate has made me realise I don't own a lot of stuff really. Most of the stuff I have is very functional, something I use often with a specific purpose.

My housemate for instance has a bunch of stuff he brought to the flat. Lots of framed photos, a shit ton of old PS2, PS1 and SNES games and a large DVD collection (all of which he doesn't use) as well as a good amount of ornamental knick knacks like flags, some coloured test tubes to sit on around. Stuff like that.

I meanwhile only have a bunch of functional stuff and not really any ornaments or stuff like that. I've got a small CD and book collection but really most of my possessions are clothes or stuff that I used every day eg. ******* stuff, art equipment. I've got a bit of sentimental stuff in a shoe box at my parents but generally not a lot of stuff

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Kind of hard to tell since I live in a fairly small room to begin with and cram a lot of unneeded stuff in the closet, but for now I'm just going to say yes.

But if I had a place of my own, I don't think it would be a very big problem. Would probably be about average.

Kind of want to live in one of those small houses that are becoming popular. I think I could pull it off. Besides the essentials, I'd just need my TV, computer, game consoles (at least just the XB1 and PS4) and guitars. I don't own a lot of DVD's or CD's. Games maybe. But I also kind of want to own a drum set one day so I probably won't.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 5, 2016,
In my small bedroom, yes I do have a lot of stuff.

500+ CDs in my physical collection
94 Funko Pop
A HD television, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, X1, Remasterstation 4 and their games
100+ movies on DVD
Less than 30 movies on Blu-ray
MacBook Pro
Printed books, magazines and tab-books
Clothes
Guitar cases, a cabinet amp, a combo amp and a amp head
Sharp audio system
Documents (journals, bookmarks and pictures)
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
Last edited by Hal-Sephira at May 5, 2016,
I have a lot of stuff but I couldn't tell you what any of it is.

Moving house is a great way to find out how much useless crap you have.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I did have a lot of stuff and most of it was useless stuff but I cleared a lot out recently due to new furniture/swapping rooms

I reckon I now have an average amount of stuff
I have nothing important to say
yeh i have a lot of shit i don't really use, i need to declutter really
Had a lot of crap, nothing but functional stuff here now
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
i have a lot of stuff. over 20 guitars, 15 tube amps, seven or eight cabs, 30 some pedals, two complete drum sets and a few extra snares, a vertical piano, a digital piano, several trumpets, two TV's, a laptop, desktop, tablets, probably 100 CD's/DVD's/games total, a xbox, PS3, Wii, vintage tin signs, collection of shot glasses/ale glasses, some family heirlooms/antiques, a bookshelf full of college books/text books, etc. a lot of furniture, a lot of tools, shop equipment, and thats off the top of my head. FUCK!

also, this is distributed among my house and my studio, so its not extremely dense.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Most of the stuff I have is very functional, something I use often with a specific purpose.

That's a good way to be. "Things you own, end up owning you" is a phrase from Fight Club that really resonated with me back in the day. I don't like having stuff that I don't really need/use often. Its a waste imo.

inb4 George Carlin routine on stuff
I do have a lot of stuff, which is surprising considering that I've always lived in tiny apartments. I have over two thousand books and closets full of accessories, for instance.

This is partly because I never throw anything out unless there's no way I can possibly use it (yogurt containers EVERYWHERE) and partly because I tried living minimalistically for a while and it made me miserable.

The only area I am approaching minimalism in is my makeup (I don't have more than one of anything) and my food (I don't think I've ever bought it impulsively in the past year or two, I always make a list ahead of time and don't buy anything that isn't on it)
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I do have a lot of stuff, which is surprising considering that I've always lived in tiny apartments. I have over two thousand books and closets full of accessories, for instance.

This is partly because I never throw anything out unless there's no way I can possibly use it (yogurt containers EVERYWHERE) and partly because I tried living minimalistically for a while and it made me miserable.

The only area I am approaching minimalism in is my makeup (I don't have more than one of anything) and my food (I don't think I've ever bought it impulsively in the past year or two, I always make a list ahead of time and don't buy anything that isn't on it)

What do you consider "living minimalistically"?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Big TV, PS4, phone, guitar, laptop and sketchbooks. I have a lot of clothes and books I don't want, should probably take them to a charity shop or something soon.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
What do you consider "living minimalistically"?

One object for one or more functions (e.g. in the *******, no unitaskers apart from my rice cooker.) Nothing in storage, no duplicates of anything, definitely no sentimental knickknacks or excessive decorations. It was easy at first because I had just moved and didn't have a lot of stuff with me, but I was certainly not happy. I like the idea of minimalism but that's not who I am.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
One object for one or more functions (e.g. in the *******, no unitaskers apart from my rice cooker.) Nothing in storage, no duplicates of anything, definitely no sentimental knickknacks or excessive decorations. It was easy at first because I had just moved and didn't have a lot of stuff with me, but I was certainly not happy. I like the idea of minimalism but that's not who I am.

Ah okay

The majority of my non clothing belongings are ******* stuff

A set of different sized knives, some cutlery, a few cooking utensils, 2 saucepans, a frying pan and a wok, set of scales and a mixing bowl

I wouldn't consider that minimal but I wouldn't consider it frivolous either

I don't have any knick knacks at all really - I have a novelty darth maul mug I keep pencils and pens in, some fairy lights around my bed and a glass jar to keep spare change in. All things with a function I guess.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Ah okay

The majority of my non clothing belongings are ******* stuff

A set of different sized knives, some cutlery, a few cooking utensils, 2 saucepans, a frying pan and a wok, set of scales and a mixing bowl

I wouldn't consider that minimal but I wouldn't consider it frivolous either

I don't have any knick knacks at all really - I have a novelty darth maul mug I keep pencils and pens in, some fairy lights around my bed and a glass jar to keep spare change in. All things with a function I guess.

I have never known anyone without a vagina to do this.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I needed a reading light and I didn't have a bedside table so I bought some fairy lights to go around the ahead of my bed and they actually really work ok

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I have never known anyone without a vagina to do this.

are you often in the bedrooms of people with penises
Quote by smb
are you often in the bedrooms of people with penises

Well yes, because they double as a cloakroom when there are visitors.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Yes in general, I have alot of Nascar die cast collectables, militaria, hundreds of cd's but also yes as far as music gear I have 14 guitars and 4 amps.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at May 5, 2016,
i know what you mean. my "stuff" collection is fairly small so far.

my parents have waaaay more stuff but they've been collecting that stuff for so many years that it figures. my mom rotates decorations in the house each season. she made 90% of them. my father has a more permanent collection of glass and ceramic insulators from telephone poles. theyre scattered around.

my grandfather has carved so much "stuff" out of wood that he doesn't have anywhere to put it anymore so he just gives it all away. i have some cool items from him.

unfortunately my sister's artwork is way too grotesque to put on a shelf, otherwise i would
Well in the room I'm in now there's a piano, a tv, ps4, two bookshelves, a couch, two recliners, a coffee table, a stocked bar, another little table with some fake flowers on it, a dining table, 4 lamps, a wall clock, a mirror, a picture of some food, a completely inaccurate globe(Russia is the entire bottom half of the world) but you when you open up the globe theres whiskey and glasses inside of it.
That's just one room so yeh I got a lot of fucking stuff.
i keep a flashlight

and a small knife

at the corner of my bed stand

If I had a fire and 75% of my "stuff" burned up I'd still have too damn much stuff! I've started giving some of it away but it's difficult, I grew up dirt poor and the urge to acquire is a hard one to overcome.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
not so much. I got rid of all my tapes, cds and books since I got a kindle + internet TV+a good sound system for my computer.

My wife and I are in a band so our guitar/amp/pedal collection is getting bigger and bigger but apart from that we're very good at not surrounding ourselves with junk.

Most of what we spend money on are things that are consummable or at least non material... show tickets, food, fancy wine, savings and most of our music gear is in our studio a short drive away.

I think I was traumatized by growing up in a huge house full of junk.
Yeah, I've got a lot of stuff. Here's a partial list:

NES console with over 50 cartridges
2 Sega Genesis consoles (1 unopened) and about 6 games
PS2 and about 20 games
PS3 and about 10 games
PS4 and about 6 games
7 computers ranging from the Tandy Color Computer to my current model
About 200 CDs, about 100 computer games on disk
Honda Civic
Honda VTX motorcycle
2 DVD players, 2 TVs
A shitload of clothes, most of which I don't wear anymore
7 guitars, 1 dulcimer, 1 harmonica
about 10 watches (I was on a watch kick for awhile)
2 tablets
a bunch of wrestling trophies and medals from my glory days,
and other stuff. Plus I own my house.
Last edited by TobusRex at May 5, 2016,
Six shirts, 3 jeans, A PC that needs a new heat sink and graphic card (video crashes a lot,) alesis m1 monitors, athm50x headphones, some software discs, at2020 mic with cheap pc interface, A 30 dollar crate amp, an epiphone with an emg 85 with no headstock (broken, but I'll use it for parts someday.) A CD collection I don't bother using anymore, a texas mount deer skull, a diploma, some art I did in high school, a floggin molly and jolly roger flags, 4 anime wall scrolls, a nice chess set, 19" tv I used as a monitor that my brother gave to me, PC chair, a desk, a genesis, a vita tv, an alarm clock, 2nd hand dresser, 2 pairs of shoes, and a worn bed with three pillows.

I own enough to keep me busy as long as I have electricity. The total value of my stuff is probably <1.5k.
I have more than a lot of people, but it isn't a whole lot.
Last edited by stratkat at May 5, 2016,
I've got like 400 books so

yes
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Depends on your definition. I don't think i have a lot, but whenever I move from this place, it's gonna take at least 3 trips, and I have a truck with a full-sized bed. But that includes one whole trip just for my couch and bed stuff.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by stratkat
Six shirts, 3 jeans, A PC that needs a new heat sink and graphic card (video crashes a lot,) alesis m1 monitors, athm50x headphones, some software discs, at2020 mic with cheap pc interface, A 30 dollar crate amp, an epiphone with an emg 85 with no headstock (broken, but I'll use it for parts someday.) A CD collection I don't bother using anymore, a texas mount deer skull, a diploma, some art I did in high school, a floggin molly and jolly roger flags, 4 anime wall scrolls, a nice chess set, 19" tv I used as a monitor that my brother gave to me, PC chair, a desk, a genesis, a vita tv, an alarm clock, 2nd hand dresser, 2 pairs of shoes, and a worn bed with three pillows.

I own enough to keep me busy as long as I have electricity. The total value of my stuff is probably <1.5k.
I have more than a lot of people, but it isn't a whole lot.

That's not a lot

Quote by danielh123.
I have fairy lights in my room

Gfs idea though.

V good for cheeky times when u dont want fully bright lights but still want to see each other

Kind of.

It can all fit in a decent sized car trunk tho. Maybe with some shit in the back seat.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by eGraham
Depends on your definition. I don't think i have a lot, but whenever I move from this place, it's gonna take at least 3 trips, and I have a truck with a full-sized bed. But that includes one whole trip just for my couch and bed stuff.

Most of my stuff is actually furniture, to expand on this. Stuff that doesn't really fit together well. If I didn't have my tv stand thing and my table, I could get it all in two trips easy.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by EndTheRapture51
That's not a lot

I guess, but I don't want much more in life. Better studio monitors, audio interface, a new heat sink, a gtx750ti, a 2nd pc for making music that's cpu heavy, a 32-42 in TV with <50ms latency, 2k of more software to make music, a cheapish car (2k,) a better bed, a more comfortable chair for my pc, a desk with more room, cook/silverware, a couch would be useful for when I have friends over for local coop, which is actually at least once a week, a better web host for my bands website, some dental work, better mouse/keyboard, I use burner phones, but websites are now forcing apps on me (for security) so I need to get one cheap with android os, and one good guitar.

So 6-10k would buy me everything I want. After that it's just bonus music stuff, junk, bills, savings and maintenance.
Maybe children someday if I'm too content with my life and whoever I'm with wants them, but I don't see it happening ever at this point in my life.
Last edited by stratkat at May 5, 2016,
I like to have as little as possible.

I have a PC with a few games, phone, iPad that I got for free, acoustic guitar, two electrics, got one for free.

I have a few books and CD's. A skateboard and my wardrobe mostly consists of hand me downs from my brothers.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Between photography, guitar, golf, carpentry and chess, I have too many things.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Page 1 of 2