Hey Guys, I currently am having a weird signal loss with my current setup. My dry signal is completely mute or non existent unless I have a boost, or a OD turned on my board. Here is my chain:

Guitar>Soul Food> Full Tone Drive 2> MXR 10 Band EQ >Ernie Ball MVP (Tuner through the MVP Output)>Flash Back X4> Hall of Fame> Amp

I'm powering this all with a Voodoo Lab PowerISO 5 currently.

I have a few more pedals coming in the mail from Reverb and I'm switching my PowerISO 5 out for 1 Spot PRO CS7 to help with my power needs.

Would a buffer help this signal loss? It only started when I got the MVP this week, I switched from a Mission Engineering VM-PRO.

Thanks for the help!
i would check your cables. i had that happen once before.

a buffer will help signal loss, but you aren't running anything insane that would necessitate one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'm using Mogami W2319 Patch Cables that I soldered myself. I never hear any crackling from the cables or popping.
Quote by clickclickbooml
I'm using Mogami W2319 Patch Cables that I soldered myself. I never hear any crackling from the cables or popping.

meter them then. tip to sleeve make sure there is no continuity. that happened to me twice the first time i soldered cables (switchcraft and BTPA cable which out specs canare). a cable doesn't always crackle and pop when it is bad, sometimes its just a bleed. humor me and meter them, worst case is you spend five minutes with an ohmmeter and you know your cables are solid.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by clickclickbooml
Okay cool, I don't currently have an Ohm Meter, but that's all I would need?

yeah. set in ohms, one probe on the tip of the cable and one on the sleeve (of the same jack). takes just a few seconds.

what happens if there is continuity it will read (in ohms) that there is resistance, that means that the two conductors are shorted. it should read "OL" or something similar which means "out of limits" which basically means that there is no connection between the two.

as far as meters go, if you are on a REALLY tight budget you can get one for like $2-$3 on sale at harbor freight (i have at least five of those in various cars, gigbags, and drawers) they will do the job in a pinch. if i were you i would spend $10-$20 and get a decent one from walmart.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
For starters, just go guitar > cable > amp and see if you can figure out which cable(s) are causing the problem. It may not even necessarily be a cable; they might all be fine. It could possibly be one of the in/out jacks on one of your pedals causing the problem too
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

As a note, if you do need a buffer, the Soul Food has a good one built in that you can turn on with a little switch inside the case iirc.
just go guitar -> amp

then add one pedal and one cable that works, swap cable and repeat.

really though a meter is something relatively cheap and something that everybody should have.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I would think something's up here...
Do as suggested- start with guitar to amp, and then add 1 effect at a time. If you can, use fresh batteries too, just for now, to eliminate the power supply from this test. It isn't a crazy amount of pedals to cause such a profound loss of signal.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan