Page 1 of 2
Do you shop online? The worst part is too many choices and mixed reviews. You find something nice at a good price. 12 positive reviews. 2 negative reviews saying that the product will break and probably burn down your house when it does.

I am currently looking to buy a new phone charger. I don't need one, but I want a backup for times when I accidentally leave my charger at the office. Every charger has about 10% of the reviews saying it will stop working or burst into flames within the first couple of days. I don't know whether I want to buy that, even when the other 90% are positive.

Clothing is usually easy enough if you know your size, but since I am a XXL/18-20 for most things, many things are not available in my size. It's terrible, but I do fine usually. For certain things I can get away with XL.

But the convenience of being able to buy used hardcover books for under $5 including shipping is absolutely wonderful.

What about the rest of you?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
For the most part I try to buy stuff in person but sometimes depending on what I am getting that just isnt an option.

FWIW I have been satisfied with my online purchases BUT I went overkill with researching the shit I was gonna buy.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I buy cheap things that sort of can't go too wrong, like stationery.

Also OP, buy a £1 charger, it won't blow up.
Have a Christmas
I buy most of my non-consumable stuff online because it's cheaper. If something has some negative reviews it might be a bit of a gamble but you've got to take risks sometimes - although I don't think I've ever actually had a faulty product or anything.
I have nothing important to say
I prefer to shop in person, but absolutely despise talking to salespeople until I have a question. Especially at gamestop. Yes, I'm returning Dark Souls for Rainbow Six. Save your judgement and pop your zits, kid.
i buy quite a lot of stuff online, as long as you know what you're getting it's all good
Quote by JustRooster
I prefer to shop in person, but absolutely despise talking to salespeople until I have a question. Especially at gamestop. Yes, I'm returning Dark Souls for Rainbow Six. Save your judgement and pop your zits, kid.

Also this. If I wanted a chat about my taste in games/music/films I'd start one.
Have a Christmas
I bought a wife online
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I only shop online when there are no stores in town carrying what I want.
Quote by Hydra150
I bought a wife online

I had to return mine cause it came with metric hardware and I only fit in imperial

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Katana Swords, Nunchucks, Sai's, and a whole bunch of other Martial Arts Equipment.
I like the convenience of online shopping, and I can also buy stuff I wouldn't want to buy in person

I can also get books so much cheaper online.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I can also buy stuff I wouldn't want to buy in person.

Massive Nendoroid collection?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by JustRooster

I was just talking about how most GameStop employees have been better than usual over the past few years until I was at one near my mom's house a few weeks ago and the trainee, not even the actual guy at the register, started giving me shit and getting condescending about me having a PS4 instead of an Xbox One. Then the other guy started on me about paying extra for disc protection on some cheap used 360 games I was buying because I'm apparently an idiot and I might move the console while it's on.

Probably would have cost the same as buying extra copies of the games.

I order a lot of shit online because few stores carry anything from the bands I listen to.

Or I'm buying PS1/PS2 games.

Or even Vita games. GameStop's the only place that even has them anymore.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Massive Nendoroid collection?

all those rubber fists and zipper masks
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
all those rubber fists and zipper masks

Yeah that might be a bit dodgey in person
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
to put a rough percentage on this - 85% or more of my non-perishable purchases are made online. Really, the only things I don't purchase online are food and tools.

Online reviews are really nothing more than an indicator of what others have done to experience the product. That being said, they'll also include people who decide that a paper shredder is useful for destroying neckties and complain when it fails.

For most things - I end up using the "crapshoot" method. Buy from something I think is promising that isn't listed to be outright crap, and hope for the best. If it pans out, replace it with an item of similar offering when it gives up the ghost.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
I mostly buy stuff online that isn't available or would be a pain in the ass to find locally, or if it's something where there's a wider variety available online and I can do a lot of research and choose the perfect thing I want. Usually with that kind of stuff if I got it from a local store they would just order it themselves and it usually costs more and is more hassle that way.

There are always negative reviews on products, and I do read those, but I keep in mind that there are always defective products that slip through with any company and I think people who have a negative experience are more likely to post a review than someone that doesn't have any problems. If I'm right then that means if a product has 5 negative reviews out of 50 it's probably a lot less than 10% of buyers that are actually having trouble, but they're more vocal about it. So basically, I ignore reviews that are negative because of defects unless there are a ton of them. Negative reviews about fully functioning products carry more weight to me - if the person doing the review doesn't seem like an idiot that doesn't understand how to use the thing and can explain exactly why they don't like it.
Quote by TobusRex
I love Amazon Prime. I shop online frequently.

This. Amazon is my go-to for most things, and all gift giving for people that don't live nearby.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
You can't beat free two day shipping. I can wait 2 days for most stuff I need, and I can make sure it's exactly what I need through reviews and research
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I shop online occasionally, though I haven't in a while. The Iast thing i bought was a bunch of fake flowers; before that, a book for a class. I much prefer shopping in person because physically browsing is more fun for me and I don't have to worry about returns.

I know my size for clothes and shoes and both are extremely common sizes but I still prefer to try things on before buying them. The only things I've ordered online that have fit me well are a hoodie and a pair of leggings, both of which are very forgiving items of clothing.
cat
I buy all my work shirts and suits onlines, never had any problems with it.

What's worse are the idiots in small towns who will literally say things like "don't buy cheaper if it's not local"......bitch I ain't paying double for some random to keep a job that a computer is doing for me for free
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I buy $0.01+shipping books on Amazon occasionally and they tend to be good quality despite the lack of expense (woo). Plus a lot of books I look for are difficult to find at brick-and-mortar shops.
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
All the time

When I shop I often have a specific thing I have in mind. Far easier to just search for that online and get it delivered to work than going out at the weekend, battling through the shoppers only to find there's a limited selection in store.

I know my clothes size too so I'll just get those often delivered too when there's something specific in mind I have. With ASOS free delivery and returns ti's just so easy to send stuff that doesn't fit you back as well, an absolute godsend.

Although I do like browsing at shops every few weeks in case something I wouldn't have thought of usually strikes my fancy.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I had to return mine cause it came with metric hardware and I only fit in imperial

I buy virtually nothing online, if I need something I can't buy in person I will buy it online.
If I can't make it that is.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Dude, she totally gonna burst into flames.
Also Theo, just use the charger you buy in work. Better that shit hole burn down than your house.

This is completely infallible logic
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I buy a lot of stuff online. Cds, kratom, guitar parts, pedals. Can't buy jack shit locally around here.
for clothes I usually buy them at goodwill. If not, I buy them online and they always fit because I know my measurements and I only buy clothes that get my measurements right or "close enough".

I only buy stuff online when I get an amazon gift card, which is a somewhat common occurrence because my uncle works for them. Other than that I much prefer to buy things in person. With online, you have to know what you want, but I love the feeling of going into a store, searching around and finding something really cool, something you may not have even known you wanted. Doesn't just apply to clothes it can be anything. I do the same shit with movies, video games, etc.
If there is a God, it's me.
i buy a lot of random things online, mostly things i can use on a daily basis
guitar strings, whey protein, band tee shirts, headphones, phone cases, etc

anything that's hard to find or expensive at the mall can be done online for a fraction of the price with good searching skills
especially on ebay or amazon.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I buy pretty much everything but food online

amazon prime is the best
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I order almost everything online but jeans, food, and meds.

If it calls for it I'll go to a video review. There's a negative review on everything, someone has a bad day, hook it up wrong, gets bad service, etc. doesn't matter if they're reviewing free blowjobs. There will be bad reviews.
I have never bought anything online, but now there is a really cool item that I want REALLY BAD. But I am worried about identity theft and having my credit card info stolen. What are the options out there?? Any ideas???

ron666
you'll be fiiiine
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I buy everything online except some clothes and food. I don't have time to shop around and chances are, any local shop won't have what I'm looking for.

That and buying online is usually pretty cheap.

Product reviews are almost never to be trusted because the perspective they offer is very narrow. When someone takes the time to write a review for something, it's either because they have glowing, uncritical praise for it, or they have a profound hatred for the product. There's almost never any middle ground, simply because when something does its job adequately, (which is 90% of the time) it doesn't leave much of an emotional impression so we just don't care to write anything about it.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 8, 2016,
Quote by ron666
I have never bought anything online, but now there is a really cool item that I want REALLY BAD. But I am worried about identity theft and having my credit card info stolen. What are the options out there?? Any ideas???

ron666

Just give us your credit card info so we can guard it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Page 1 of 2