Poll: Would you stay with your partner if they got raped?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you stay with your partner if they got raped?
Yes. I'm not human trash like you, Stew.
21 38%
No. I'm human trash just like you, Stew.
17 31%
I don't know, Stew. It'd have to happen for me to know what I'd do
17 31%
Voters: 55.
Page 1 of 3
...they got drunk at a party and had sex with someone?

Most people here would define that as a rape, so by breaking up you would effectively be victim blaming/denying that it was a rape to begin with.

This leads to the real question I want to ask. Would you stay with your partner (assuming you have one if you don't) if they were raped?

This is something I've wondered about myself. I'd like to think that I would, but it would be such a traumatic thing for her that it might put her off from sex for a very long time and it probably wouldn't ever truly heal. Also, call me insensitive, but it would bother me that another dude had had sex with my girlfriend, even though she's not at fault. I'm not sure if I could deal with it. I'm literally trash.

wbu?
Check out my band Disturbed
Would you stay with your partner if they took a huge shit and didn't flush?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'd dump her. Drunk isn't an excuse for cheating.

If she was raped I'd stick with her.
I'd break up with her for drinking. There's no room for sin in this house of God.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by danielh123.
Was this thread just an excuse to start a debate on drunkenness and consent?

No, but I'm sure that's where it's headin'
So yes.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by danielh123.
Was this thread just an excuse to start a debate on drunkenness and consent?
something something feminism
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Yeah..I don't know, Stew. It'd have to happen for me to know what I'd do.
depends on context I guess

I definitely wouldn't be happy about it, but there are a lot of variables there
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by whywefight
Damnit make the poll about the title next time

what's the difference?
Quote by StewieSwan
...they got drunk at a party and had sex with someone?

Most people here would define that as a rape, so by breaking up you would effectively be victim blaming/denying that it was a rape to begin with.

Fucking what? Since when is drunk sex rape? Are people so fucking lazy minded they refuse to take responsibility for their own actions?
So you fucked when drunk and now you regret it, well tough shit princess, welcome to life.
I would at the very least attempt to stay with her if she was raped but I couldn't guarantee that the emotional toll wouldn't put a strain on our relationship.

But that is very different to getting drunk at a party and having sex with someone and whether the relationship survived that would very much depend on the circumstances. I imagine she'd leave me in an instant if i was to do that though.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by Kaleidoscalp
Fucking what? Since when is drunk sex rape? Are people so fucking lazy minded they refuse to take responsibility for their own actions?
So you fucked when drunk and now you regret it, well tough shit princess, welcome to life.

it's actually the law in some places since consent can't be given when drunk in a lot of cases

there's a whole other thread on that though
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
this question just took the fun out of participating in polls.

Not that they were fun to begin with.
If there is a God, it's me.
Quote by Kaleidoscalp

• see thread about rape
  • see OP guess at how others define rape
  • "grr, I can't believe everyone defines rape that way!"
Yes I would stay with a partner (assuming this was already a serious relationship) if they were raped and I'd tried to help them in any way I could

If both parties were drunk and it was cheating instead of rape which is where I originally thought you were taking the topic, I'd still stay with them cuz cheating isn't a big deal and only whiny babies get mad about it
Quote by BladeSlinger
it's actually the law in some places since consent can't be given when drunk in a lot of cases

Wow. It's not like the effects of alcohol are a fucking mystery, so why the hell do people who obviously can't/refuse to control themselves when intoxicated keep drinking? Because they can, and they know no one is going to hold them responsible for shit, unless you're a man or break a law. Also, way to treat your citizens as children.
Quote by GuitarGod_92

If both parties were drunk and it was cheating instead of rape which is where I originally thought you were taking the topic, I'd still stay with them cuz cheating isn't a big deal and only whiny babies get mad about it

haha yeah no biggie, it's only a huge violation of trust and could possibly cause serious health problems if an STD/STI is transmitted
Quote by danielh123.
  • see thread about rape
  • see OP guess at how others define rape
  • "grr, I can't believe everyone defines rape that way!"

Having sex while drunk is hardly rape. If it was, most out of relationship sex would be fucking rape.
Quote by BladeSlinger

I've been drunk and had sex with a woman that was sober, by that logic I'm a rape victim? ...
Quote by Kaleidoscalp
Having sex while drunk is hardly rape. If it was, most out of relationship sex would be fucking rape.

It doesn't seem that anyone disagrees with you. OP was speculating that everyone thought drunk sex = rape, and you appear to be annoyed at it as thought it were fact.

This is how anti-feminism blogs are born.
Quote by danielh123.
It doesn't seem that anyone disagrees with you. OP was speculating that everyone thought drunk sex = rape, and you appear to be annoyed at it as thought it were fact.

1. most =/= everyone

2. it is legally defined that way in many places
What if you're the dude that boned some dudes GF cause she was drunk and aching for the D?

Cause I'd rather be that guy than the 2 losers that can't even make a simple relationship work.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
For a minute there the top 2 threads looked like they connected Would you stay with your partner if.....she said 'my life is like a bad movie'
Quote by StewieSwan
1. most =/= everyone

2. it is legally defined that way in many places

1. Fair enough, my mistake
2. Legal definitions don't dictate people's personal views. It being technically the law in some places doesn't mean most (or even many) people think the law counts.

EDIT: I'm coming off waaaay more shitty than I mean to. I'm semi-joking and it's not clear at all
Quote by danielh123.
1. Fair enough, my mistake
2. Legal definitions don't dictate people's personal views. It being technically the law in some places doesn't mean most (or even many) people think the law counts.

For it to be a law a lot of people have to agree with it, yeah?
Quote by danielh123.

Because he made that assumption about other people ("most" of UG in this case). That implies that he has doubts about it as well, which is worrying. Anti-feminism? Anti-idiocy, are you even watching what's happening in the west, USA in particular?
Quote by FunkyPunk666
I've been drunk and had sex with a woman that was sober, by that logic I'm a rape victim? ...

There would be a legal precedent if you felt you were forced to have sex against your will.

I mean, I think it goes too far, but there are issues with people getting someone drunk with the intent of lowering their inhibitions or making them incapable of resisting.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Nope nobody forced her to get hammered.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
This topic sounds awfully Men's Rightsy.
Quote by qrEE
This topic sounds awfully Men's Rightsy.

im more of a fan of mens lefty
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Lmao I cant believe I almost agree with this
I'd probably dump her for the same reasons listed in the TS
I have nothing important to say
The simple solution is to never drink, never date, and never have sex.
Quote by Kaleidoscalp
Because he made that assumption about other people ("most" of UG in this case). That implies that he has doubts about it as well, which is worrying. Anti-feminism? Anti-idiocy, are you even watching what's happening in the west, USA in particular?

What's happening? I feel the point I was attempting I make (which was light-hearted) has been slightly lost.

Quote by StewieSwan
For it to be a law a lot of people have to agree with it, yeah?

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/

Nah I know that's not really the point. There can be a difference between what is the law and what the majority of people think the law should be though.
Page 1 of 3